I am still a dateless wonder... What is the next step?

Started by
131 comments, last by Kris2456 19 years, 7 months ago
Alright. I've got the new glasses, my hair is less unkempt (I keep the hair at the back in a rat-tail, better that than a mullet), I'm more suave, high on myself (uhm...), and I'm acting nicer towards others than I used to. And yet I still can't get a date. At this time I believe that it is a communication issue. I just can't approach women. Maybe fear of rejection, or something, but I just can't go up and talk to them from out of nowhere. It's annoying. So any suggestions on how to change that? (For an idea of what I look like, in case you think that I lied about the glasses, here are photos of me at my cousin's wedding a few weeks ago.)

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

Advertisement
Step 1: Find a guy that gets lost of dates not based on looks.
Step 2: Watch how he picks up chicks.
STep 3: Imitate him.

Don't just imitate him, pretend you're him and do is he does. It's not how you look, it's how you act. Learning a new way of acting is what you need.
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
Have you considered spending time around women as opposed to posting about them on a game development forum?

THERE IS NO MANUAL.
Approaching and picking up women in bars or clubs or just walking up to them cold is completely unnatural for about 95% of men.

The best means of dating women is simply to meet them in a totally casual and friendly environment, get to know them, decide if they like you, and if you like them ask them out.

Find some activity or activities to do where women are involved: school activities, church, clubs, community service, etc. Meet these women. Get comfortable around them. Ask them out.
Co-creator of Star Bandits -- a graphical Science Fiction multiplayer online game, in the style of "Trade Wars'.
Wahey, another one of these threads. [lol]
Ah well, I guess a large population of GDNet members are in the same boat as you, so it's hardly surprising we have so many of 'em...

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

muchos improvement id say. the rattail seems like a bad idea, but one thats easily mended with a haircut (go to some trendish hairstyler and let him do his gay thing with your hair, girl love it)

for the rest of your problems: beer is your friend.

also, confidence is something you need to build. dont expect the hottest chixzors to be impressed with what confidence youve managed to gather. however, id say that things are looking good for you.

get out with a couple of friends, drink lots of beer (be sure not to let go of your ability to form coherent sentences though), and just walk up to a girl (remember: not too hot. not ugly, just not the girl who already has 10 guys around her), and start talking.

(note: this technique is not guaranteed to yield succes. however, as the amount of attempts goes to infinity, the chance of succes rapidly goes to 1)
If you have trouble approaching women then approach them from a different viewpoint. Just get to know them. Never talk politics, with anyone, ever!

Then start to worry why the plastic bag next to you has rotted. Oh dear, it's only got shampoo in it. Does anything in shampoo rot plastic?

Sorry, I would write more, but I have to clean up a disintegrated plastic bag.

Quote:Original post by coldacid
photos of me

When's the last time you saw a guy with that haircut?
Quote:Original post by benryves
Wahey, another one of these threads. [lol]
Ah well, I guess a large population of GDNet members are in the same boat as you, so it's hardly surprising we have so many of 'em...

If you crawl through the lounge, or check my posting history, you'll notice that many, if not all, of the recent dating threads have been started by yours truly. :D

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

Whatever you do, don't start the conversation with...

"Well the guys on gamedev.net recommended that I..."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement