Original Post
I really hope someone can help, as a bit lost! Trying to load a texture from a file, but my loading method says that there is an invalid method call (in my D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx call). I have looked everywhere I can think of for an answer, but cant see it. Maybe it is something REALLY easy which I am just not seeing, but thought I would post just in case anyone has any ideas. Code for the loading method is below. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers, Ols (I was storing the result of the call in an int so I could assess which error was being produced; I have removed the switch statement assessing this int as it is superflous!) IDirect3DTexture9* CGameApp::LoadTexture(char* fileName) { IDirect3DTexture9* d3dTexture; D3DXIMAGE_INFO SrcInfo; D3DCOLOR colourKey = 0xFFFF00FF; int create = D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx(_pD3DDevice, fileName, 0, 0, 1, 0, D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_MANAGED, D3DX_FILTER_NONE, D3DX_DEFAULT, colourKey, &SrcInfo, NULL, &d3dTexture); return d3dTexture; }