Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

GDNet Firefox Extension 0.4 (FIXED. it works. really.)

Started by C-Junkie Jan 13, 2005 at 3:48 PM 56 replies 11.3k views
Original Post
C-Junkie
C-Junkie
GDE 0.4.2 Hosted by ontheheap ~40K. MD5: 803bc224db8c0b5647cdf024396ab3bd Hosted by Rob Loach | Auto-Install Link Rating problems should be fixed in the linked version! Sorry! I basically had to scrap what I was working on with it and just copied the code back from 0.3. News items: - "Quick post" idea scrapped. We use tabs, why would I want a pop up post window? - Major code rework. 0.3 should be considered "working" and 0.4 "testing". It's undergone more testing than any previous release, however. - Some bugs fixed. "window._content" alerts shouldn't appear anymore. - ALL alerts that come out of this extension should look like "gCODE: Error message" where CODE is some letters or numbers. TELL ME if you get ANY of these at all. You shouldn't. - Features of quick post instead placed into the context menu on the edit page. behold: - 10K to 40K jump as a result of the smilies. The HUUUUGE delay in getting this out is largely the fault of Debian. Bad debian. *spank* Anyone running debian MUST uninstall the old extension before installing this one unless you're running 1.0-5. (1.0-4 is FLAWED!#@!#) I spent a month wondering why my changes weren't... changing anything. [smile] Hmm. Putting that smilie here exposed another bug. Just great. I'm releasing anyway. [Edited by - C-Junkie on January 18, 2005 10:53:56 AM]
vNistelrooy
vNistelrooy
[cool] Nice
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
RipTorn
RipTorn
awesome
I like it [smile]

took 3 attempts before it installed though for some reason
desertcube
desertcube
OK I've downloaded and installed it and it works ok (I think, not sure what it's meant to do though [disturbed] )

However, I think I've found a bug (oh neos!1[attention]) You know that cool new menu when replying that lets you insert smileys (paste one works), well the menus don't get highlighted when you move your mouse, so it's hard to work out which one will be selected when I click the mouse.

EDIT: Looking at your picture again, it's highlighted on yours? Hum...photo shopped??
C-Junkie
C-Junkie
Quote:
Original post by desertcube
OK I've downloaded and installed it and it works ok (I think, not sure what it's meant to do though [disturbed] )

However, I think I've found a bug (oh neos!1[attention]) You know that cool new menu when replying that lets you insert smileys (paste one works), well the menus don't get highlighted when you move your mouse, so it's hard to work out which one will be selected when I click the mouse.

EDIT: Looking at your picture again, it's highlighted on yours? Hum...photo shopped??
OS and firefox version?
desertcube
desertcube
Ahh, version 0.93. My bad, I'm currently on my laptop, which I havn't updated yet. I'm downloading the latest now. Will let you know the results.
Drew_Benton
Drew_Benton
Ok C-Junkie, I want to use your plugin but I need a little help. I'm a newb with FF so bear with me (IE has spolied me with lack of features [wink]). I downloaded the file and opened it with FF. It should install but it says, "Software Installation is currently disabled. Click Edit Options...to enable it and try again" - as said word for word. Now there is no edit options, it is tools options - so I go there. I searched through all the little categories, but I can't seem to find an option to enable what I am looking for. I have tried to enable these plugins before for Mozilla's plugins, but I had the same problem. Can you or anyone else reading this have any tips of how I can use these plugins?

P.S. I tried going to the extensions menu - but none are listed and I can't do anything in that menu. Once I can get this working I'll give you some feedback on it [smile]

- Drew
C-Junkie
C-Junkie
in 1.0 Edit>preferences>web features>allow software something
graveyard filla
graveyard filla
for those of us who are very lazy, do you mind writing a sentence or two describing how to install this? i downloaded the file, now what?

thanks.

and yes, i realize the time spent typing this i could have googled, but that requires actual thinking [grin].
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
ontheheap
ontheheap
Totally, totally awesome.

One thing, when refreshing the ratings data I got a few "Alert 1" "Alert 2" "Alert 3" popups.
ontheheap
ontheheap
Quote:
Original post by graveyard filla
for those of us who are very lazy, do you mind writing a sentence or two describing how to install this? i downloaded the file, now what?

thanks.

and yes, i realize the time spent typing this i could have googled, but that requires actual thinking [grin].


When given the options of opening/saving, choose to open it with Firefox.exe
_the_phantom_
_the_phantom_
graveyard filla: just open the 'extensions' window (tools menu) and drag and drop the file into it to install [smile]
b2b3
b2b3
Bug report: I have same problem as desertcube - menus are not highlighting (except the last one with signs).
And I got 4 warnings when I tried to refresh rating data (it poped up message box with title Alert, only text in box was 1, I clicked OK, then similar box with 2, then with 3 and then with 4 appeared).
OS: winxp sp1, firefox 1.0

On the other hand it wotks great :) Good job...

[flaming][grin][lol][sad][wink][headshake][rolleyes][smile][wow][attention][caution]
[dead][embarrass][ignore][oh][sick][bawling][cool][depressed][evil][inlove][pig]
[tears][crying][disturbed][help][looksaround][razz][totally]

[google][repost][imwithstupid]

And with that menu for smilies I can see how each thread will be about twice in size due to smiley-attack...
_the_phantom_
_the_phantom_
Quote:
Original post by C-Junkie
Quote:
Original post by desertcube
OK I've downloaded and installed it and it works ok (I think, not sure what it's meant to do though [disturbed] )

However, I think I've found a bug (oh neos!1[attention]) You know that cool new menu when replying that lets you insert smileys (paste one works), well the menus don't get highlighted when you move your mouse, so it's hard to work out which one will be selected when I click the mouse.

EDIT: Looking at your picture again, it's highlighted on yours? Hum...photo shopped??
OS and firefox version?


I've got the same problem [sad]
OS : WinXP, SP1 no SP2
Firefox v1.0
First time I've installed this addon btw
desertcube
desertcube
OK, I've updated FireFox, but still no highlighted menus [sad]. Also, it won't let me rate you up (don't know why I'd want to rate you up, you just h4x0r3d my firefox [flaming]).
Error:gRU2:Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)[nsIXMLHttpRequest.status]
C-Junkie
C-Junkie
Quote:
Original post by ontheheap
One thing, when refreshing the ratings data I got a few "Alert 1" "Alert 2" "Alert 3" popups.

AWWW CRAP! I left that in! @#%@#$%@#%^$%$#% Gimme a few minutes, I'm playing cs.
baldurk
baldurk
I got the same problem as some other people. Here are the details I got:

The page loads and I just see the "Rate this user" link by everyone. I go tools -> GDE: Refresh Rating Data I then get a series of messageboxes with numbers in the order: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4.

Then all the ratings seem as they should be - -5 to 5, and emboldened the current rating.

However, when I go to rate someone (e.g. you at +5 [grin]) it displays more messageboxes: 1, 2, 4. Then it displays another message box with the following text:

gRU2:Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)[nsIXMLHttpRequest.status]


and leaves me at a page with the text "set user rating to 10" with the URL: &#106avascript:void(window.__tabextensions__LastEvent = (new Date()).getTime());"set user rating to 10";

Also note the smilie/paste menus work A-OK. Good work!

EDIT: beaten like an egg.
Serano
Serano
I've got the same problem as baldurk. Also the smilie menus won't highlight.

WinXP Sp1
FF 1.0
------------
~ Chris (Serano) Watson
If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney.
grekster
grekster
[grin]works for me. Very cool! (havent had any other versions of this).

EDIT: ok i just realised rating doesnt work for me either lol
Quote: Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.