Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

what compiler / IDE do you use?

Started by donjonson Apr 10, 2005 at 5:23 PM 28 replies 5.8k views
Original Post
donjonson
donjonson
and what graphics library do you use?
These tears..leave scars...as they run down my face.
toXic1337
toXic1337
Borland Builder 6.0 for "GUI Map Editors"

DevCPP/SDL for games.

toXic1337
smart_idiot
smart_idiot
GCC/Scite/(Allegro/SDL)
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other
Mike29936
Mike29936
The free beta 2005 C# compiler from Microsoft, with GDI+ or DirectX.
Fruny
Fruny
g++ 3.4.3/Kate/FreeGLUT
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Nathan Baum
Nathan Baum
I use Eclipse + CDT, MinGW and occasionally Microsoft's free C++ compiler (when I want to check that my code is portable).

I usually use SDL/OpenGL.
Drew_Benton
Drew_Benton
Visual Studio 6,Visual Studio 7,Dev-CPP,Code::Blocks / OGRE,SDL,OpenGL,GLFW
mike25025
mike25025
MSVC++ 7.0 .NET 2002 and OpenGL.
c2_0
c2_0
MS Visual Studio 7.1 (.Net 2003), with Visual Assist X and Devpartner Profiler.
Eclipse when I'm "forced" to do Java.
Ultraedit32 + TASM or MASM for assembly (not so much anymore), and general quick editing of binary / misc source files.
Mainly Direct3D 9, but also some OpenGL.
jenova
jenova
PLATFORM: WIN32
IDE/compiler: MS Visual Studio
LIBS: SDL, OpenGL
---------------------
PLATFORM: Sony PS2
IDE/compiler: edit.com, gcc
LIBS: my own
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
prh99
prh99
Quote:
Original post by donjonson
and what graphics library do you use?


Dev-C++ and Allegro.
Patrick
hpolloni
hpolloni
Microsoft VC++ .Net 2005 beta
SDL and OpenGL
SciTE for some source files
and XVI32 for binaries
Raloth
Raloth
Visual C# 2005
Direct3D
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Oberon_Command
Oberon_Command
I think this should be moved to the lounge. More people will reply if it's moved there.
chad_420
chad_420
I use MSVC++ 6 with stlport. for gfx allegro/win32

I use gcc with cygwin in windows for console apps
I also use KDevelop in linux with gcc I have used allegro in linux as well.
Feral
Feral
I use a somewhat eclectic mix:

Compiler: MS.NET(2003) to compile and occasionally debug though more often than not I use a log file *shrug*

IDE: gVIM as editor, Servant Salamander for file related tasks.

GFX: ClanLib (and thus OpenGL, etc.) for the fun graphic bits.
SaintGreg
SaintGreg
vim and grep is all you'll ever need

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.