How far will this go?

Started by
30 comments, last by Ainokea 19 years ago
Yesterday our professor told us that he will from now on not only use the terms father/son nodes but also mother/daughter nodes :/ Couldn't he just use parent/child nodes? Is there really a need to make everything sex independent? First it began that you had to add /-innen to every job description (here in Germany). For example Ingenieur/-innen (engineer/-female suffix). But why is it still mother language? Should Russians now shout "AAAAAAAH LAND-WHERE-MY-PARENTS-GREW-UP!!!" before they launch their nukes? Should all scifi movies now be reworked to have parent ships instead of motherships? No! I have nothing against emancipation but some things are just plain stupid and cause a lot more work. I don't want them to change the motherland, mother tongue, mothership and every other female word into something different but why do some women feel the need that words with men in it or with no female suffix have to be changed? Is this the same in other countries? I think women should rather fight for important things which are still not reached but not for stupid things like job names and/or other words. Maybe for equal chances in career or equal payment...
Now get down on your hands and knees and start repeating "Open Source Good, M$ Evil", smacking your head against the pavement after each repetition. Once you have completed your training you may change your first name to GNU/, to show that you are free from the slavery of the closed source world. -Michalson
Advertisement
Thye probably start small with fighting in order for NAME recognition. You can't be paid as much if you aren't named the same. And whe you ARE named the same, then you want it to be known that you are BOTH the same and different, since you are female and not male...

Kinda weird, but it is probably true. Once you are like everybody else, you start wanting to stand out because your skills are different but equal. Not different because inferior...
Yours faithfully, Nicolas FOURNIALS
Quote:Original post by BiGF00T
Yesterday our professor told us that he will from now on not only use the terms father/son nodes but also mother/daughter nodes :/
At least he's not a herstory professor.
Quote:Original post by Kalidor
Quote:Original post by BiGF00T
Yesterday our professor told us that he will from now on not only use the terms father/son nodes but also mother/daughter nodes :/
At least he's not a herstory professor.

[lol]
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
I thought for a while, about different names that we might use instead of the normal "parent/child" analogy.

My purpose was to come up with the most offensive analogy to refer to nodes.

I came up with:

Nazi/Jew
Cowboy/Indian
Husband/Wife
Pimp/Ho
Plantation Owner/Slave

Feel free to use any of these.

Glad I could help.

Get off my lawn!

I pick husband/wife.

Say I was a husband, I think I'd enjoy the idea of having many wives under me :)
Yeah - people obviously don't think they've raped their languages enough yet, so they're trying to rape them even some more... [rolleyes] I think that a language should evolve on its own and not be artificially modificated by some politicians or feminists. You know - if they don't like the language, they don't have to use the language. IMO many politicians and feminists should simply shut up and use no language at all [smile]

Oxyd
I always thought it was mother tongue and father land :D
Nazi/Jew LOL! Imagine your professors using that..
Quote:Original post by JexMX
Nazi/Jew LOL! Imagine your professors using that..

Ummmm... I don't think a German professor would do something like that. Some even don't write SS for summer semester because it has the smack of something bad :/
I'll use pimp/ho diagrams from now on :)

AAAAAAAAAH MOTHERLAND!!!

Wow, now that you come with the herstory... I called someone in China today and she told me exactly the herstory thing :|
I hope no one really suggested to change history into herstory :|
Now get down on your hands and knees and start repeating "Open Source Good, M$ Evil", smacking your head against the pavement after each repetition. Once you have completed your training you may change your first name to GNU/, to show that you are free from the slavery of the closed source world. -Michalson

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement