Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
šŸ”’ Locked

[SDL] Working in Windows 95, SDL/User32 Issue.

Started by ViX44 May 25, 2005 at 5:39 PM 1 replies 2.1k views
Original Post
ViX44
ViX44
Attempting a super-simple program, make an SDL Window and close, I receive this error message upon attempting to run: Error Starting Program The SDL.DLL file is linked to missing export USER32.DLL:GetAncestor Is there a trick to working in Win95? Need I throw in a newer USER32.DLL, pehaps? Thank you for any information.
TravisWells
TravisWells
By looking at the exports of various versions of SDL.dll, it appears they've only started using that as of SDL 1.2.8.

Have you tried downgrading to 1.2.7?
You can get that version of SDL.dll here: http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.7-win32.zip
ViX44
ViX44
I had mistakenly thought I was using 1.2.7, to avoid the issued I'd heard cropped up in 1.2.8. I was mistaken. Thank you for reminding me to double-check the versions of my resources. ; j

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.