Music suggestions for high score entry screen

Started by
2 comments, last by LamerGamer 18 years, 11 months ago
Hey Guys, What song do you suggest for a high score entry screen? I'm making a Tetris mod (big surprise!) and I need fanfare-like music when you enter your name for getting a high score. Also, what's the copyright rules for putting songs from other games (Super Mario, etc.) Can I post my games on gamedev.net if I have music from other games? Thanks
Advertisement
Quote:Also, what's the copyright rules for putting songs from other games (Super Mario, etc.)

Honestly thats a dumb question. You really think that the music from commercial games(consoles nonetheless!) is not copyrighted? Granted you probably wont get in trouble for using some games content in yours, only because very few people will ever see it. Obviously if you intend to sell your game it is absolutly out of the question.
Some very old arcade game's content has been made public domain I believe maybe some googling would help you expound upon this.

On the bright it seems you have a quite suitable name...
try to make something with a program such as fruityloops.
Well, my main question is "What song do you suggest for a high score name entry screen?" Need a fanfare-natured song.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement