Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Double spaced text in GDS showcase description

Started by EnemyBoss Jun 9, 2005 at 5:28 PM 0 replies 2.5k views
Original Post
EnemyBoss
EnemyBoss
This isn't a serious issue, and it probably only affect me. If you look at two of my GDS entries here and here in Firefox, you'll see that I use the
 tags to format my ASCII decorated descriptions.  

The system inserts 
tags for each line, even if its between
 tags. On Firefox and Mozilla, this makes the text appear double spaced, but it appears normal in Explorer.  This almost ruins the ASCII decorations. 

There is no need for 
tags inside
 tags, but I'm not sure whats the expected behavior for browsers in this case. Firefox could be at fault for all I know.
Michalson
Michalson
Standards anal Opera renders it correctly. However Firefox/Mozilla might know the standard better.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.