Trouble submitting Image of the Day

Started by
3 comments, last by Mercury 18 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys, I tried 4 or 5 times to submit an IOTD and was unsuccesful, here's the error that I got:
Quote: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113' Script timed out /community/forums/post_info.asp The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.
I'm not on dialup, but I also don't have the fastest broadband out there... Oh, and I apologize if my multiple submissions did somehow go through and created multiple entries in your database... :$ Cya, Luis
Advertisement
It does now =)

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=345376

Luis
Quote:Original post by VisualLR
It does now =)

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=345376

Luis

Yeah, I have the lounge bookmarked, I never check the front page. [totally]
(mercury) There's been an announcement at the top of every forum since it was launched. (VisualLR) Oh, and I PM'd you about this before I saw the thread. I only saw one entry.

This is a problem with the time to upload+process being longer then the script timeout. It seems that sometimes it can timeout just after the images have been uploaded, but before the image processing is done, resulting in an empty submision.

I'll look into extending the script timeout. If anyone else has been having problems please post here with details. I want IOTD to run smoothly.
Quote:Original post by Michalson
There's been an announcement at the top of every forum since it was launched. (VisualLR) Oh, and I PM'd you about this before I saw the thread. I only saw one entry.

Rub it in, why don't you. [sad] I'm surprised though, I'm usually at least a bit more perceptive of my surroundings. Ah well. I deleted my post after less than five minutes, I was hoping no one would respond.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement