Debug/Release Problem

Started by
3 comments, last by PennstateLion 18 years, 7 months ago
Im having an issue and was hoping someone has any advice. I created a windows console application and use the WriteConsoleOutputCharacter function to draw some chars onto the screen randomly. In debug mode my program runs flawlessly and does exactly as I want it to. But when I compile to release mode and run it, the program will act differently and will draw extra things that I didnt want drawn etc... Is there something im missing here? Im at a loss.. thanks edit: Im using msvs 2003
Advertisement
What exactly is 'different'? A complete description might help. Some code might help more.
Can you post your code?

The only thing I could think of from reading the MSDN docs was thay maybe you are useing Unicode for Debug or Release and not the other but seeing the code would help a lot more
Screenshots of the relative modes might help as well.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote:Original post by superpig
Screenshots of the relative modes might help as well.

thanks for the replies, i fixed it.., was a logic error :S

anyway, another issue came up where the drawing on the screen is slow, unless I open up a browser. When i open up the browser the drawing speeds up to the speed it should be. The other caveat is, the browser HAS to be on MSN.com in order for it to speed up, any other webpage and its slow..

anyone have any idea about that ROFL..!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement