multiple animations in MS3D file

Started by
2 comments, last by matthughson 18 years, 7 months ago
Dear all how can ms3d model store more than one animation in the file. each joint has a predefined number of translation and rotation keyframes. I would assume that interpolating these key frames would generate a single animation. if the model can have more than one animation stored in the file, how can one know where a certain animation starts and ends and what is its name ? in other words, I am trying to understand if ms3d uses for example translation keyframes 1 -> n, rotation keyframes 1 -> m for animation 1, translation keyframes n+1 -> k, rotation key frames m+1 -> j for animation 2 and so on.
Advertisement
MS3D doesn't have any "name" about animation keyframes, so u cannot find by name. i know there r many ppl uses multiple files to seperate animations, like : walk.ms3d, run.ms3d, fire1.ms3d... etc. i think u have to code a tool to combine them.
can we say that ms3d model has only one animation at a time ?
I had a simlar problem with a different model format a while back. What I did was make one long animation with everything in it (walk, run, jump, etc). Then I wrote a simple little application that let me walk through the animation frame by frame, and allowed me to save where one animation set ends and another begins. Then my engine just loaded all that information in through a script and looped the animations accordingly.

Hope that made sense,
Matt Hughson
__________________________________[ Website ] [ Résumé ] [ [email=contact[at]matthughson[dot]com]Contact[/email] ][ Have I been Helpful? Hook me up! ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement