Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[Fixed] Weird bug in Visual Studio .NET 2003

Started by Skeleton_V@T Oct 29, 2005 at 3:06 AM 2 replies 700+ views
Original Post
Skeleton_V@T
Skeleton_V@T
Hi! This is a very simple (somewhat silly) bug I encoutered in VS.NET 2003:

    struct SomeStruct
    {
        float Var1, Var2, Var3, Var4 ;
    } ;

   unsigned int const uiSizeOfStruct = sizeof (SomeStruct) ;


No matter how many variables in SomeStruct, uiSizeOfStruct is always equal to 4. If anyone has this bug, let me know. Until now I have no choice other than specify uiSizeOfStruct = 16. Thank you in advance. V@T [Edited by - Skeleton_V@T on October 29, 2005 3:42:37 AM]
--> The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones <--
Wavarian
Wavarian
When I compile and run that code, I get 16.
PaulCesar
PaulCesar
I believe there were a few essential fixes made to VS2003, and that may have been one of the bugs on one of t the earlier betas if i recall exactly. My guess is you may still be running a beta, which would be a pirited edition at this point... could that be the case? if so, consider purchasing MSVS2003. If you are positive that is not the case, make sure you have the latest upgrades.

Richard
Skeleton_V@T
Skeleton_V@T
I'm using genuine version of VS.NET.
My computer's just been broken by a nasty spyware. Perhaps after having fixed it manually some DLLs have been corrupted, I'm reinstalling it now. Fortunately my projects remains unchanged :D, this bug's just happened recently.

Anyway thank you guys for the reply. :)
--> The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones <--

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.