Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Music Organizer?

Started by MrWeet Dec 6, 2005 at 10:57 AM 2 replies 750+ views
Original Post
MrWeet
MrWeet
I recently switched from iTunes to Realplayer. I like Realplayer's interface alot more, and it's not slow like iTunes, but there is one feature I miss. This would be the organization of music files. In iTunes, all of my music was copied as soon as I played it in iTunes to the iTunes folder in My Music. It's organized by Artist, and then under each artists folder, it was organized by Album. Now, I loved this, as it kept all my media in one place. So, I'm wondering if theres any tools to organized music, like iTunes does, but without the media player and everything else included?
Professional-Noob Guitarist : Don't try to play the music, you have to feel it!
DrewGreen
DrewGreen
Well I'll take it upon myself to pimp Winamp 5 - it's media library is reasonable although I don't use the library myself, and will do what you're asking for, except it's a media player (and a damn good one as well) plus I'm in love with this skin
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, DuneMy slice of the web
Avatar God
Avatar God
Well, I organized my multi-gig music files by hand a long time ago, and have sortof kept up with it sense. I use iTunes now (I hate it, but don't have a choice with an iPod mini) but won't let iTunes take over my filing system.

To be honest, I hate RealPlayer [grin]. Drives me crazy. I probably prefer Winamp over all the others that I've tried.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Avatar God
Avatar God
Quote:
Original post by DrewGreen
plus I'm in love with this skin
My skin, too [wink].
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.