Gamedev Blocked

Started by
13 comments, last by Ravuya 18 years, 4 months ago
My school blocked Gamedev, so I was wondering if there was some way to get around it. I can get to nehe.gamedev.net, but not the main site. It was automatically blocked under the catagory of 'Games'. It also blocks proxy sites. I was wondering if there is annother way to access gamedev securley or some other way. I have asked for them to unblock it, but they are busy with other problems, (like how I was able to find a configuration file, view the c: drive, etc.)
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?" - Chancellor Palpatine
Advertisement
nyud usually isn't blocked, though if your school is blocking proxy sites it may pick it up.
Ra
Step 1 - Host a proxy at home
Step 2 - Write down IP
Step 3 - Use proxy from school

when they block your IP then change it ;)
Quote:Original post by chaosgame
they are busy with other problems, (like how I was able to find a configuration file, view the c: drive, etc.)

Yeah, thats usually not a good idea. If you do bypass anything a school puts on a computer, you should tell them just how you did it, and how they can pervent students from doing in the future.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
My question is - why would your school block such an awesome educational resource? Seems odd
Quote:Original post by Talroth
Quote:Original post by chaosgame
they are busy with other problems, (like how I was able to find a configuration file, view the c: drive, etc.)

Yeah, thats usually not a good idea. If you do bypass anything a school puts on a computer, you should tell them just how you did it, and how they can pervent students from doing in the future.

lame-r

excuse me while I roll my eyes
Quote:Original post by Beaverbutt8
My question is - why would your school block such an awesome educational resource? Seems odd

At my old highschool the filter called it an "online gambling site". I knew what the answer would be if I asked them to change it. Kids where suspended for playing 4-colour Qbasic games and I was once warned just for opening up the DOS console. I was also asked to leave several computer labs after being "caught" programming, because programming=OMG HAX. The level of computer related idiocy at most schools knows no bounds. For example I once told the admin that one of the video cards wasn't working so he replaced the monitor...

Edit: Kind of rambled on there, the point was just be happy if your school isn't run by Nazis.
Quote:Original post by nes8bit
Step 2 - Write down IP

Use google like a proxy server. I just can't see your school blocking google.
Quote:Original post by Will F
Quote:Original post by nes8bit
Step 2 - Write down IP

Use google like a proxy server. I just can't see your school blocking google.
Haha.. they blocked that part of it, though.
My school has the same exact problem. I can get to gamedev, but not able to post or log in (due to the scripts being blocked, even though the site isn't).

But I have been able to watch music videos, almost all the time. video.google isn't blocked [grin]
Quote:Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
chaosgame: They're worked up about you viewing the c: drive? Wow... your school admins sound paranoid...

There was a guy at my school a few years ago that knew EVERYTHING about the school network. When he graduated, they immediately hired him to be a network admin. [grin]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement