Original Post
🔒 Locked
Good old techno
Advertisement
Very nice. I loved the way you mixed the song, it has a great stereo image and samples are used magnificantly. It gets very trancey after a while, and makes me want to get up off my chair and start dancing. I'm not a fan (in fact, I strongly dislike) of techno or its related genres, but I definitely liked this song. Good work.
Wow. I opened it and didnt even realize it was playing. It's good background music, but I doesn't have something concrete to make it spectacular. And also why is it at 192kps? That's a lot, and it doesnt seem that much is going on (then again, I know nothing about music, so...)
I thought there wasnt supposed to be a point to techno/trance
Quote:
And also why is it at 192kps?
I hate when there is noticeable differences between the original and the compressed format :)
6megs is not that big. If you have ADSL or higher the track should start playing the moment you click on it and stream whitout hickups if you setup your browser accordingly.
http://www.dakurv.com/samples/tekgroove.mp3
new techno songs. is it too f***ed up or ?
After years of making IDM music im not sure what is edgy and what is over the edge :/ hehe
new techno songs. is it too f***ed up or ?
After years of making IDM music im not sure what is edgy and what is over the edge :/ hehe
As with LongeBane, I'm not particularly a fan of techno, but I really liked listening to this. It manages to be very...hmm...I don't know what, not surprising or distracting but not repetitive either; I like the way the different instruments/melodies take their turns. And the melodies. I probably sound like an idiot but what I'm saying is that I liked it.
I don't know why but I've always loved that industrialish-machinery-hitting-a-something-and-echoing bell noise that you hear at the very beginning.
I don't know why but I've always loved that industrialish-machinery-hitting-a-something-and-echoing bell noise that you hear at the very beginning.
I like the sound. You mix your instruments very well. Only thing that I can say on the negative side is that you don't have a hook. When I hear any electronic "dance" music, I imagine myself in a club and if I don't picture the crowd going nuts, then it's missing something. It could have a place in a game as a background piece, but it's not too strong as far as "techno" goes.
I posted a piece today that I did in my jouranal that goes along the same lines of dance music. Check it out if you're interested.
What did you use to produce it (hardware, software)?
I posted a piece today that I did in my jouranal that goes along the same lines of dance music. Check it out if you're interested.
What did you use to produce it (hardware, software)?
Hey thanks for your comments. I only used fruityloops. Im trying to make good use of compressors and E.Q and other effects. Something i neglected for way too long.
I use to have 10 000$ worth of gear and making very weird electronic music. Because of financial troubles i had to sell everything and i am back to my roots : software synths. So i use a laptop and a semi-professional software. I think for indie games it gets the job done , right ?
I think your song was cool , i liked the guitar part. It made it sound like progressive rock a bit. Pink floydish :) witch was cool.
For the "hook" thing and electronic dance. Well i never really was inspired by Dance music. The most "dance " i would be inspired from would be the chemical brothers , orbital , underworld , crystal method, future sound of london... etc
I usually listen to more "arty" stuff like Autechre , boards of canada , squarepusher , Richard D. James.
I have been an avid fan of electronic music since the early days of hip-hop. Early hip-hop was so electronic , no kidding. I was more like Electro-hop hehe
After that i discovered the rave / techno trance scene. I completly fell in love with early works from The prodigy. The synth sounds the crazyness it was perfect. Then they turned away from the rave / techno scene to make it in the US :( I then discovered I.D.M
WIKI on I.D.M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_dance_music
as anyone listened to this one ?
http://www.dakurv.com/samples/tekgroove.mp3
I use to have 10 000$ worth of gear and making very weird electronic music. Because of financial troubles i had to sell everything and i am back to my roots : software synths. So i use a laptop and a semi-professional software. I think for indie games it gets the job done , right ?
I think your song was cool , i liked the guitar part. It made it sound like progressive rock a bit. Pink floydish :) witch was cool.
For the "hook" thing and electronic dance. Well i never really was inspired by Dance music. The most "dance " i would be inspired from would be the chemical brothers , orbital , underworld , crystal method, future sound of london... etc
I usually listen to more "arty" stuff like Autechre , boards of canada , squarepusher , Richard D. James.
I have been an avid fan of electronic music since the early days of hip-hop. Early hip-hop was so electronic , no kidding. I was more like Electro-hop hehe
After that i discovered the rave / techno trance scene. I completly fell in love with early works from The prodigy. The synth sounds the crazyness it was perfect. Then they turned away from the rave / techno scene to make it in the US :( I then discovered I.D.M
WIKI on I.D.M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_dance_music
as anyone listened to this one ?
http://www.dakurv.com/samples/tekgroove.mp3
Quote:
Original post by sinx
I think your song was cool , i liked the guitar part. It made it sound like progressive rock a bit. Pink floydish :) witch was cool.
Thanks! I've found rock to be so much harder to produce than electronic music. I thought this would be a good way to transition.
Quote:
For the "hook" thing and electronic dance. Well i never really was inspired by Dance music. The most "dance " i would be inspired from would be the chemical brothers , orbital , underworld , crystal method, future sound of london... etc
I usually listen to more "arty" stuff like Autechre , boards of canada , squarepusher , Richard D. James.
Ah, 1998! People in a tech craze and electronic music on the radio. The good 'ol days =)
That's interesting, I pretty much started out the same way. Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method and Prodigy inspired a lot of my earlier works. I've gotten into IDM as well... GREAT music to program to! =D
Quote:
I have been an avid fan of electronic music since the early days of hip-hop. Early hip-hop was so electronic , no kidding. I was more like Electro-hop hehe
*couch* Planet Rock *cough* =b
Quote:
WIKI on I.D.M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_dance_music
I've always thought of it being more like "experimental electronic music" than intelligent dance music. Do IDM artists even call their own music IDM? It would sound so pretentious to call your own music "intelligent". =/ Not only that, I've never heard IDM that I can actually dance to. That wikipedia page sheds some light on the term though: "The term IDM may have originated from the creation of an electronic mailing list called the IDM list in August 1993..."
I've really found a love in Drum & Bass and have done some writing and producing in that area. Check out Photek, Future Loop Foundation, J Magik... oh, and Eat Static (interesting stuff!) if ya haven't already.
Quote:
as anyone listened to this one ?
http://www.dakurv.com/samples/tekgroove.mp3
This is very balanced mixing. At no point do I feel like any instrument is trying to overpower the track. Great work! ...and it would fit so well in a game =)
Quote:
I've always thought of it being more like "experimental electronic music" than intelligent dance music.
Yeah :) i was once asked " what is intelligent about it ? Of course its sometime a lot more complex and use the technology to its fullest potential tweaking every setting there is to tweak on the fly but its not really more intelligent.
Maybe it is... just for trying new ways of putting sounds together.
http://www.dakurv.com/samples/shMup.mp3
anyone is making electronic music around here ? this is the thread to show off your stuff mates ! ;)
Don't forget to mention your influences and a little bit about your background in the fabulous world of electro grooves.
Quote:
Original post by sinx
http://www.dakurv.com/samples/shMup.mp3
Good tune. I dig the drum effects at about 1:30 and at the end. The drum programming throughout was really good.
Quote:
anyone is making electronic music around here ? this is the thread to show off your stuff mates ! ;)
You should probably start another thread. ;-)
Quote:
anyone is making electronic music around here ? this is the thread to show off your stuff mates !
Hey, you already commented in my thread (thanks!), but I have some other electronic stuff on my Soundclick page, along with various other styles: Click here
Quote:
Original post by Arglebargle Quote:
anyone is making electronic music around here ? this is the thread to show off your stuff mates !
Hey, you already commented in my thread (thanks!), but I have some other electronic stuff on my Soundclick page, along with various other styles: Click here
:( your music makes most of us sound sooooo bad :) your ochestral stuff is awesome. You put to shame most music writter i know.
Its such a high quality level that i don't think it would fit in an indie game :) sounds like high budget stuff.
Just listening to the track you originally posted about.
It definatly has an older sound to it.. mid 90's.
I would say to go for more simplicty - more effective melodies. To me the whole track gets very crouded with all these synths that do harmonize but they dont build up or down to anything specific. Sounds more like a showcase of alot of different small fragments in the same tune thrown together.
I dont know how it would work for games. But if you are working towards something more marketable I would start looking into newer stuff going on now and find some insperation.
Check out labels like:
Pokerflat
Kompakt
Tic tac toe
M-nus
Echochord
Mermaids in space
The main thing going on in the underground nowadays is minimal techno/ electro/ techhousish stuff mainly coming out of Germany(Berlin/Cologne) and also some US/Canadian and Skandinavien producers.
But the quality you get out of fruityloops is pretty good ;)
Have you looked into Ableton Live! 5?
It definatly has an older sound to it.. mid 90's.
I would say to go for more simplicty - more effective melodies. To me the whole track gets very crouded with all these synths that do harmonize but they dont build up or down to anything specific. Sounds more like a showcase of alot of different small fragments in the same tune thrown together.
I dont know how it would work for games. But if you are working towards something more marketable I would start looking into newer stuff going on now and find some insperation.
Check out labels like:
Pokerflat
Kompakt
Tic tac toe
M-nus
Echochord
Mermaids in space
The main thing going on in the underground nowadays is minimal techno/ electro/ techhousish stuff mainly coming out of Germany(Berlin/Cologne) and also some US/Canadian and Skandinavien producers.
But the quality you get out of fruityloops is pretty good ;)
Have you looked into Ableton Live! 5?
Topic Locked
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.
Sign in to reply to this topic.
Advertisement