Original Post
Project name: Working title. Brief description: The project is a small online game for 2 to 4 players. The game is based on the concept of an old Atari game called "Surround", and popularized by the Light-Cycles race from the movie Tron. Players move and leave trace behind them. You lose by hitting the trace or a wall. Last player standing is the winner. Target aim: Freeware. Mostly non-hardcore gameres of any age. Compensation: Since the game is a freeware, I cannot offer any monetary compensation. Just the opportunity to acquire experience in the game developing cycle, develop new skills and/or strengthen current skills, and have a project to put in your CV. Technology: C#, DirectX Talent needed: One (or two) C#/MDX programmer(s) with 8 to 12 months of experience. Team structure: Only Me - Programmer/Designer/Artist Website: None for the moment. I will create one, buy a domain name and hosting space near the completation of the project. About Me: Primary Skills
(Note: You need the Framework 2.0 [sad] ) (Note 2: It contains some bugs ) Here is a prototype of the look and feel of the game.
(It is only a prototype; the game is not in a running state.) Why This Project: The goal for the project is more than just building the game, it is to experiment the development cycle. I already did it once, and you can find it here. It is a complete game that I did alone back in high school. It was a while, and I want to go through it again. In my opinion, the development cycle is the most challenging thing to accomplish painlessly. I want to try it again, this time applying the information I learned the first time and using Software Engineering technics. If you already went through the cycle, cool, we are on the same boat. Additional Info: What I mean by "intermediate programmer" is someone who knows his basics of general programming and DirectX programming. If you wonder what these basics are,you propably do not know them. I do not expect you to know everything either. I will spend a lot of time doing research myself. I would expect 10-15(top) hours a week on the project, really no more than 15. Additional Equipment: I know I am starting this project, so it is hard for me to ask you to spend money, but there's one thing that I consider a must to have. A headset with a microphone attached to, you can get one really cheap these days. This is so we can subscribe to a free VoIP service such as Skype, and communicate using the voice. It will make communication much more easier. Contacts: darkneon@caramail.com [Edited by - Darkneon on February 14, 2006 10:20:48 PM]
- C#
- Adobe Photoshop
- SQL Server
- Client side and server side programming (DHTML, CSS, PHP, ASP.NET)
- Designing
- Blender (1 year)
- C++ (2 years)
- Managed DirectX (7 Months)
- Visual Basic 5 (2 years)
- Vertex and Pixel Shaders (2 Months)
(Note: You need the Framework 2.0 [sad] ) (Note 2: It contains some bugs ) Here is a prototype of the look and feel of the game.
(It is only a prototype; the game is not in a running state.) Why This Project: The goal for the project is more than just building the game, it is to experiment the development cycle. I already did it once, and you can find it here. It is a complete game that I did alone back in high school. It was a while, and I want to go through it again. In my opinion, the development cycle is the most challenging thing to accomplish painlessly. I want to try it again, this time applying the information I learned the first time and using Software Engineering technics. If you already went through the cycle, cool, we are on the same boat. Additional Info: What I mean by "intermediate programmer" is someone who knows his basics of general programming and DirectX programming. If you wonder what these basics are,you propably do not know them. I do not expect you to know everything either. I will spend a lot of time doing research myself. I would expect 10-15(top) hours a week on the project, really no more than 15. Additional Equipment: I know I am starting this project, so it is hard for me to ask you to spend money, but there's one thing that I consider a must to have. A headset with a microphone attached to, you can get one really cheap these days. This is so we can subscribe to a free VoIP service such as Skype, and communicate using the voice. It will make communication much more easier. Contacts: darkneon@caramail.com [Edited by - Darkneon on February 14, 2006 10:20:48 PM]