MySpace PureVolume article...

Started by
11 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 18 years, 2 months ago
The other day I wan online and I read a very good article on the evils of MySpace and PureVolume from the perspective of an artist... for the life of me I can't find it again... does anyone know where this article is at? Or perhaps a similar one? Thanks..
BRING BACK THE BLACK (or at least something darker)
Advertisement
No, but how can they be evil? I had a band back in Ohio and I was getting requests for shows from bands from Idaho, New York, Pennsylvania. Myspace tho, isnt really where you are going to hook up with other bands like that.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

Doesn't PureVolume claim all rights to any music you put on their site? That sounds pretty evil to me.
Ra
I don't know anything about PureVolume, but if I were an artist I would do the best I could to not be associated with MySpace. Have you ever been there? Its like somebody designed an idiot magnet and uploaded it onto the internet.

CM
Quote:Original post by Conner McCloud
I don't know anything about PureVolume, but if I were an artist I would do the best I could to not be associated with MySpace. Have you ever been there? Its like somebody designed an idiot magnet and uploaded it onto the internet.

CM

Additionally, I've heard via radio that schools have be turning down applicants because of comments on things like the dean of the school or anti-semitic comments. Unfortunately I have no links at the moment.

[EDIT:] Found one: What you say online can haunt you
Quote:Original post by cutthepeace
Additionally, I've heard via radio that schools have be turning down applicants because of comments on things like the dean of the school or anti-semitic comments. Unfortunately I have no links at the moment.

Out of curiosity, did you chose my post to quote for any particular reason? I was just joking about the quality of MySpace. Somebody needs to post that YTMND about MySpace, by the way. The one where the guy shows the sequence of pages that cuased him to lose all faith in humanity. Its a good one.

I'm going to refrain from commenting on your link for the time being. That way, people can imagine how I would respond, and they can go ahead and take care of the first few steps of the resulting argument on their own. Or, if the argument doesn't take off, I can be saved the hassle all together.

CM
Quote:Original post by Conner McCloud

CM

The bolded part goes with the link; I should have bolded that in the first place.
I heard about the things PureVolume is allowed to do with your music .. and I generally don't agree with it. I used to have a PureVolume artists' account but I found it a bit too limited, so I've switched to SoundClick.

But then again I'm not really a professional musician. So far all of the songs listed on my page are available in hidef, and available for mp3 download. I just like sharing my jams :). It's always cool when people get in touch with you and give you some feedback after hearing your stuff, that's all that I'm really using SoundClick for.
Quote:Original post by cutthepeace
I don't get it. Why shouldn't you have to take responsibility for what you post online?
Quote:"I brought this up in English class, and everybody was like, 'Are you kidding me? Why are these people in our profiles?' Initially, everybody had a sense of this is their own little private thing."
Hilarious! [grin]
The problem with MySpace is that it tries to do everything, yet does nothing well. Poor blogging, extremely poor web design, poor picture portfolio, etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement