KGB, the best compressor

Started by
39 comments, last by Nathan Baum 18 years, 1 month ago
Have you guy ever heard the program call KGB Archiver. A few days ago It is surprise me when my brother use this program to compress 450mb into 1.5mb. I think it is extremely compressor ever in the world The link : KGB
DinGY
Yesterday is history.Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift"
Advertisement
Psh.. I could compress any file to 1K. Maybe even lower. I'm still working on uncompressing though.
Quote:Original post by invisal
Have you guy ever heard the program call KGB Archiver. A few days ago It is surprise me when my brother use this program to compress 450mb into 1.5mb. I think it is extremely compressor ever in the world

The link : KGB

450mb to 1.5mb? what was it? a document? image? video? video game? audio? i'm curious to know.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

It was Microsoft Office Beta Installer
DinGY
Quote:Original post by invisal
It was Microsoft Office Beta Installer

Uh no. The guy who could compress a random binary package by a factor of > 99% would be filthy rich. Your brother played a prank on you. With such technology, I would be able to store 450TB on the computers in my appartment.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
hey guys, thats nuffin, i've invented this routine which can beat mp3 compression and is lossless!

but I won't tell you how its done, just hint at it....

[grin]
I tried to compress 14mb(some game files) and it said it could compress into 1kb but it will take you 75% of CPU and take a few hours to compress.
DinGY
Yeah, once I saw that the time for compressing a large folder would take 3000 hours, I killed it.
Anyone remember the last one of these..fun times fun times..

KGB have 10 compression levels:
- Minimal
- Very Weak
- Weak
- Normal
- Medium
- Above Medium
- Good
- Very Good
- Extreme
- Maximum (where it is compress into very small file)
DinGY

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement