Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Visual Studio 2005 Profiler?

Started by load_bitmap_file Apr 9, 2006 at 8:58 PM 8 replies 12.9k views
Original Post
load_bitmap_file
load_bitmap_file
Hello, are there any good free VS 2005 profilers out there yet? I don't have the cash for the VS Team Edition so I can't use any built-in profiler. When I was using VS 2003, there was the nice Devpartner Community Profiler but AFAIK there's no 2005-compatible version yet. If there aren't any free ones for VS 2005, non-integrated-with-VS ones are fine too.
TEUTON
TEUTON
The only I know of is the profiler from compuware. It´s free but you have to register to be able to download it.
Linky

[ EDIT: Linkinated. --Sneftel ]
etothex
etothex
Hmm, I tried to just download it now but when I try to install it just says that it needs Visual Studio .NET or Visual Studio .NET 2003 to install.

I've got Visual Studio 2005 Pro installed.
etothex
etothex
Quote:
Original post by crudbreeder
It says on the page:

Quote:

-supports Visual Studio .NET 2003 and 2002.

Note: If you use Visual Studio 2005, click here to evaluate the new DevPartner Studio 8.0 with full integration into the Visual Studio environment.


...which does not seem to be free, since you only get an evaluation copy. So unless it really is for free and the website is confusing, repeat the OP's original question.
noNchaoTic
noNchaoTic
I have code analyst, its not bad. V-Tune is the best (or so I hear) but obviously thats going to cost you some.
Steven ToveySPUify | Twitter
crudbreeder
crudbreeder
Quote:
Original post by etothex
...which does not seem to be free, since you only get an evaluation copy. So unless it really is for free and the website is confusing, repeat the OP's original question.


Sorry if I was unclear, I meant to point out that according to the page the community version doesn't support VS 2005.
load_bitmap_file
load_bitmap_file
Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
I'm using AMD Code Analyst ( on Pentium) with vs2005 express - it works fine.


Ooh, it works on Pentiums? Heh, I thought it would only work on AMD processors. I'll go take a look, thanks AP.
load_bitmap_file
load_bitmap_file
Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
I'm using AMD Code Analyst ( on Pentium) with vs2005 express - it works fine.


Did you have to do anything strange to get the Code Analyst working? I keep on getting blank results running it on an Intel P4. Hmm. The app says it only works with AMD processors. Maybe you got lucky somehow?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.