help please

Started by
5 comments, last by gabriel76 17 years, 9 months ago
i am in the process of starting a project for a company that makes books for learning things and i have to make a portable device have one of their books in picture form or something and i was wondering is it better to make it for something that already exists (ex. palm, pocket pc, psp) or is it better to just create one it doesn't have to be so complex it just has to have pictures with some kind of index or search thing
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by gabriel76
is it better to make it for something that already exists (ex. palm, pocket pc, psp) or is it better to just create one it doesn't have to be so complex it just has to have pictures with some kind of index or search thing

I'm not sure I quite understand, are you actually considering creating your own portable device? That doesn't seem like a good idea at all.

EDIT: typo
Best regards, Omid
is there anyway i could buy other peoples parts and slap it in to a new case
Quote:Original post by gabriel76
is there anyway i could buy other peoples parts and slap it in to a new case

Sure, you just buy the parts and slap them into a new case.

Estimated cost of development: Upper hundred thousands to several millions.
I would probably just develop a simple .NET application for PocketPC.

Estimated cost: Your development time plus a PocketPC device that can run .NET
i thought people used pdf-readers and such for reading e-books on mobile devices?
i think i will go with the pocket pc

[question]if what you say is true thygrr then how did there competition do it because their competition just started off and it doesn't look like they have much money [/question]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement