Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[.net] visualstudio2005 upgrade problem

Started by RDK1LL Jul 29, 2006 at 4:09 AM 1 replies 1k views
Original Post
RDK1LL
RDK1LL
I've just upgraded from vs6.0 to vs2005 and am trying to compile my old project(VS6.0) with it. After sorting out my initial problem with the winnt.h file and then a sprintf function call error, I've now got it successfully compiled but when I try to run it, I get an assertion failure with a _seekl file line 66, I think for the open file function. Is this file file not compatible with VS8, is there a new function or file or something else I need to use. ?
"For every answer, I have a question."
Rob Loach
Rob Loach
If you're using Standard C++ or C, then you shouldn't have any troubles compiling your application with (almost) any C++ compiler. You could try out an alternative IDE like Code::Blocks.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [
RDK1LL
RDK1LL
Thanks, I'm downloading it now!
"For every answer, I have a question."

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.