Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Wanted - Musician for little 2d platform game.

Started by Dr_Ian Sep 12, 2006 at 5:16 PM 7 replies 1.6k views
Original Post
Dr_Ian
Dr_Ian
Team name: It's just me. Project name: Arecibo. Brief description: A little 2d platform/adventure game in the style of Metroid / Cave Story. I have been working on it in my spare time for a bit over two months. The graphics and physics engines and whatnot were all coded by me as this whole game is written from scratch. Target aim: Probably freeware. Compensation: Probably nothing, but it's not impossible that there would be some compensation depending on how things go. Technology: The game is written in C++ and SDL. The game can compile and run on windows, linux, mac, and the gp2x handheld as well as (in theory) anything else that runs SDL. The specs of the game are extremely low, it doesn't use any form of graphical acceleration and hardly any processor power or memory. Any music should need to be in ogg format. That means any form of composition is fine. Talent needed: A musician/music guy to compose a soundtrack for the game. Anything is fine in style I guess, as long as it's good and it fits with the game. The tracks would need to loop. At least one finished track would be needed within two weeks. Team structure: I write the code and do the graphics and level design. A friend is helping me with some of the larger graphics in spots. There might be an opportunity for other level designers, but it would have to be someone who's already working on the project. I work rather hard on these sort of projects so although I wouldn't really set any deadlines, regular progress would need to be made. Website: None, at the moment. Contacts: Please reply here or PM me, I will check back regularly. Additional Info: Feedback: Anything is fine? I can take it.
bobNinjaPenguin
bobNinjaPenguin
Looks good, and to be honest I am shocked that I have not seen a Musician post in here yet. Hope the bump gets you a bit of notice.
nurk
nurk
Quote:
Original post by Dr_Ian
Team name:
It's just me.

Project name:
Arecibo.

Brief description:
A little 2d platform/adventure game in the style of Metroid / Cave Story. I have been working on it in my spare time for a bit over two months.
The graphics and physics engines and whatnot were all coded by me as this whole game is written from scratch.

Target aim:
Probably freeware.

Compensation:
Probably nothing, but it's not impossible that there would be some compensation depending on how things go.

Technology:
The game is written in C++ and SDL. The game can compile and run on windows, linux, mac, and the gp2x handheld as well as (in theory) anything else that runs SDL. The specs of the game are extremely low, it doesn't use any form of graphical acceleration and hardly any processor power or memory.
Any music should need to be in ogg format. That means any form of composition is fine.

Talent needed:
A musician/music guy to compose a soundtrack for the game. Anything is fine in style I guess, as long as it's good and it fits with the game. The tracks would need to loop. At least one finished track would be needed within two weeks.

Team structure:
I write the code and do the graphics and level design. A friend is helping me with some of the larger graphics in spots. There might be an opportunity for other level designers, but it would have to be someone who's already working on the project. I work rather hard on these sort of projects so although I wouldn't really set any deadlines, regular progress would need to be made.

Website:
None, at the moment.

Contacts:
Please reply here or PM me, I will check back regularly.

Additional Info:


Feedback:
Anything is fine? I can take it.


I am a musician
Thanks
VitalyVitaly
jbadams
jbadams
Quote:
Original post by nurk
Quote:
Original post by Dr_Ian
[massive unneccesary quote]

I am a musician
Thanks
In future, could you perhaps simply hit reply rather than needlessly quoting entire posts? [wink]


Dr_Ian:
Looks good, hope you're able to find someone suitable. [smile]
- Jason Astle-Adams
nurk
nurk
ok
VitalyVitaly
Dr_Ian
Dr_Ian
I spent a couple of minutes making a short video of one of the rooms.
It is 8Mb and XVid encoded. Please don't hammer the server or I will have to take down the file.
Right click here and save
Hopefully that's a bit more interesting than the screenshots.
koops
koops
Hi there,

I noticed your post and am interested in your game concept. I'm just about to finish a job so am looking for more work. I offer music and sfx design at a great price... typically £1 per SFX and £5 per track however large. You can see my work at my website http://www.KhrisKooper.co.uk. If you're interested in what you hear, or would like to know more about what I do then please get in touch soon. Thanks!

Chris Cooper
Audio Designer
www.KhrisKooper.co.uk
Arglebargle
Arglebargle
Suppose I'll offer my services as well. ;) Here's a link to my stuff if you'd like to have a listen:

Clicky
Ragnar
Ragnar
I sent you some sound FX via PM. If you want the game to /sound/ like Cave Story too, they should be just what you need.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.