Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

linking a library in VC++

Started by algumacoisaqualquer Jan 15, 2007 at 2:20 PM 1 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
algumacoisaqualquer
algumacoisaqualquer
Ok, so how do I link a library in VC++? I've searched the project properties, but it's full of options I have no idea about. The help file is telling me the difference between implicit and explicit linking (I'm trying to link to lglut.lib, so I'm assuming it's implicit linking, right?), but I'm not getting how do I actually link the library. Could anyone help? Thanks!!
Nytegard
Nytegard
Project->Properties->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies.

Add your libraries to that line. Yes, you're correct about adding lglut.lib being implicit.
algumacoisaqualquer
algumacoisaqualquer
Thanks! That worked! Initially I was getting a linker error, but then it turned out that was happening because the project was set for a windows aplication, but the code was a console one.

Anyway, it's pretty much working now! (except for my bugs, that is)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.