Illusion of Destiny-Character artist-image warning

Started by
1 comment, last by Jarrod1937 17 years, 3 months ago
Team name: Logic Illusion Project name: Illusion of Destiny Brief description: Illusion of Destiny is an online multiplayer, 3rd person, action game with rpg like elements. Players will design a “Character”, much like an Role Playing Game, and battle with other team members to defeat an opposing team by achieving in game goals. Target aim: Freeware currently is planned. Being developed for the Win32 and Macos platforms. Compensation: Satisfaction of making a game, large amounts of experience doing your chosen skill and working within a team. Possibly learn from others in the team. Technology: The C4 engine, 3ds max 7, photoshop cs2 (thanks for donating Huidafa!), and other tech. Talent needed: Character artist: Our previous character artits is now feeling overwhelmed with outside dutys and college. Because of this, a new opportunity for a capable and dedicated character modeler has now opened! This person will be required to model the characters based on concept art, which provides the front and side view in the neutral pose for easy modeling. These characters have a limit of 4,000 tris each (not including weapons and accessories). And will have limitations for textures. You must be using a modeling app that can export out the collada format, 3ds max, maya, xsi all do this, so does blender but blender has bugs with animatins with collada still (correct me if i am wrong). Team structure: Lead Programmer Marko Ludolph: Lead programmer, does programming for all game code such as the skill and invertory systems. Very dedicated. Designer Paul Wilson: Game designer, has typed up a fairly large design doc (85 pages) outlining the most important gameplay aspects and skills. Also helps out with various level and gameplay type ideas. Lead Artist\Environment Artist Jarrod M. Christman: Me, untill recently have been doing all props and environments solo. Also over see art of other artist in team to make sure it all flows together and gets done. Concept Artist Samuli Lautjarvi: Talented concept artist, is skilled in many different art mediums. Does concepts for characters and environments. Composer Sean R. Beeson: Does music for the game. Creates music for both ingame music and for promotional music. You can also visit his site Sound FX artist Daniy Oberle: Recently joined, is doing environment ambience sound and various sound fx. Second Environment Artist Matt Bennier: Recently joined, is an environment artist currently already in the industry for games. Very skilled, whom which i hope to learn much from. Has worked for Liquid Development and has contributed modesl to the company bioware, the game Empire Earth 3, WarHawk, and others. Website: logic-illusion.com Contacts: Contact me at metalgearsolido8@hotmail.com, aim sn metalgearsolido8, pm me. Additional Info: some images. the well has now been reduced to about 300 polys, i am redoing the fortress and the pic below is an untextured wip, and other screenshots. the screenshots with the fire are from ingame: some example character concepts: Some old weapon models (may redo them): Feedback: I am not a fan of censorship, say anything you want. [Edited by - Jarrod1937 on January 27, 2007 11:33:54 AM]
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Advertisement
Updated post with some more images, and corrected some spelling errors.
also, congratulations matt for securing a job at bungie! hope you do well.
i think i may have found my character artist, however just incase he doesn't get back with me i am giving this thread one more bump.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement