Need a litlle help using VS c++

Started by
4 comments, last by darren_mfuk 17 years, 1 month ago
For some reason it tells me that cout and endl are unidentified. Im just begining to learn how to use this, and Im using c++ for dummies. The book uses a different compilier program, but Id like to learn on VS. I dont know why it doesnt understand those commands. The devnet compilier doesnt have a problem with them.
"And somewhere at the bottom he fell into darkness. That much he knew. He had fallen into darkness. And at the instant he knew, he ceased to know" Martin Eden, Jack London.
Advertisement
Hi,

Add this ...

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;
----------------------------------------Now just hit that link that says 'Rate This User' [wink]
Thank you : )

One more question. In the devnet compilier, in the same menu as the compile function is the run function. I cant seem to find it in VS. Where would I find it at?
"And somewhere at the bottom he fell into darkness. That much he knew. He had fallen into darkness. And at the instant he knew, he ceased to know" Martin Eden, Jack London.
On the tool bar at the top (right below the menus)
Is a green play (triangle) button..

Or just hit F5 ...

;-)
----------------------------------------Now just hit that link that says 'Rate This User' [wink]
Oh geez, I should of known. I thought it was one of those go buttons for the search box next to it lol. Thanks again : )
OK,

Well I'll tell you, to save you time asking later.

They are not search boxes ;-)

Thats so you can select which 'build' to compile ... debug/release etc ..

The 3rd box along and the icon (to the left of that box) is the searching

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement