Stylish Style - Have I got it right?

Started by
2 comments, last by skarmachild 17 years, 1 month ago
Basically, this game is a match-3 game, but I like to give my games a stylish lick of paint. I'd like feedback as to what you think of the style of the game and the menus, as I see them as being very important to a essentially shallow game. In-Game Screens: Hot Fuss Skin (unfinished) Ace of Spades Skin> (lacking blocks) Tropica Skin (ignore blue line and drop shadow on block) Menus: Menu - Ignore the "Lisa is cute". Ahem :P Menu 2 Menu 3 Any reccomendations on how to improve on the type of look I'm going for? Thanks, constructive crit.
Advertisement
These are kind of low contrast - normally you want either the background to be light and the pieces to be dark, or the pieces to be light and the background to be dark, or one to be greyscale and one to be colorful... makes it easier for the player to visually 'grab' the pieces quickly.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

I like the menu style, especially on part 2 and 3. But imho they look a bit washed out. Making them crisper, like the upper right part of menu 2, might be better. Also, I can't really place it, but the ace of spaces skin hurts my eyes for some reason. Maybe it's too red -_-;;
Menus look washed out due to the file format being saved.

I might edit the Ace of Spades skin to be less... red. Heh.

And to "sunandshadow", most of the skins are low contrast, but I'll make a grayscale background and coloured blocks, see how that turns out.

Thanks for feedback people.
PS: The graphics I'm making the game for is freeware, so don't expect it to be proffesional :P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement