FLASH programmer needs artist for new game

Started by
-1 comments, last by Cardnim 16 years, 9 months ago
Need a good graphic artist to give a graphical style to a title I am developing. You dont need to come to work in the studio, so you can work from whereever. The main need right now is to get the main player units finalised (i.e. a squad of soldiers) Setting is modern day, but slightly psuedo-modern (i.e. I dont want actual weapons & trooper uniforms - but something that hints at this) Team name: Frog Games (not a registered company) Project name: only a horrible working title as yet - "Global Defense Force" Brief description: The project is to create a MMO persistent game in Flash. The main game screen will be isometric and play very similar to Syndicate/XCom series/Crusader:No Remorse etc. Target aim: The end title will be a free to play game (registration required), and membership (with the obligatory extra features) can be purchased by the player for a nominal fee. Compensation: Unfortunately, as I am recieving no pay for this, I cannot offer any; its just a voluntary thing at the moment. Of course, if we release and the uptake is good on membership then there certainly will be money for the upgrades and subsequent version releases. Technology: Custom built isometric game engine developed in AS2 using Flash 8 Pro. Graphics can be in whatever you want; as I am looking for sprites (i.e. flat 2D aniamtions) Talent needed: Good sprite artists. Right now I need someone who can bring a graphical style to this title and develop the players squad of soldiers up to finished sprites. Team structure: The team is me! Im 30 and have been programming since I was 18, been involved in the game industry for a while programming PS and PC games. Moved onto Flash and Director where I now work as a freelancer. Website: None yet Contacts: use the following email address (obviously changing the AT and DOT to what they need to be): gamedev AT frogcdrom DOT com Northern Ireland based; but you can work remotely. Previous Work by Team: "Celtic Chaos" PC title (budget title) "8th Wonder" hardware technical demo for Oregon games company Flash games for Coca-Cola, Sky Sports, Coors Lager, and loads more Additional Info: Development work is only just beginning on this project; schedule should be about a year dev, with release in 2008. For some themes and examples of a style i think would work - look at player characters from Halo, Doom, XCom. That type of cool looking armoured soldier. Feedback: ALL & ANY

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement