Captain Ace demo - XNA shoot em up

Started by
4 comments, last by Stompy9999 16 years, 5 months ago
I've uploaded a demo of my current game project, a vertical shoot-em-up created using the XNA framework. The demo features the first two levels of the game, complete with boss battles. It can be played using an Xbox 360 controller, or keyboard, and requires the XNA framework to run. The demo can be downloaded here. Here are some screenshots of the game: Enjoy!
-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!
Advertisement
Damn, you put out a game demo and get no comments;
what is this place coming to?

looks good, haven't played it, but good job getting a demo done :)

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Quote:Original post by EDI

If it wasn't for you bumping it, I wouldn't have seen it.

Nice game, runs smoothly. Some sound effects would be cool, and I'm always a sucker of big-ass explosions. :)
i like it. the only thing i'd add (except sound) would be, sidemovement for the default enemy. just a little left-right toggling, it would make them quite a bit more natural..

but else, it's good work. try to add little sound, it makes much difference..
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Quote:Original post by EDI

Thanks! It seems to have gotten quite a bit of views, so I'll be optimistic and assume those who've played it found it to be awesome and perfect[grin]

Quote:Original post by WanMaster
If it wasn't for you bumping it, I wouldn't have seen it.

Nice game, runs smoothly. Some sound effects would be cool, and I'm always a sucker of big-ass explosions. :)

Thanks! I'll probably add sounds last, as I haven't learned XNA's sound systems yet.
Quote:Original post by davepermen
i like it. the only thing i'd add (except sound) would be, sidemovement for the default enemy. just a little left-right toggling, it would make them quite a bit more natural..

but else, it's good work. try to add little sound, it makes much difference..

Thanks for trying it!

I'll probably add slight variations on the default enemy ship throughout the game. First they'll get a shield, then some more movement and dodging ability.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement