Where is the comic?

Started by
10 comments, last by boolean 16 years, 2 months ago
Hey, after doing some testing on our team's software I found many mistakes which made me mention the Grammar Nazi Ninja Squad. But now I can't show the comic to my coworkers... Is there still a place to find the GD comics?
Now get down on your hands and knees and start repeating "Open Source Good, M$ Evil", smacking your head against the pavement after each repetition. Once you have completed your training you may change your first name to GNU/, to show that you are free from the slavery of the closed source world. -Michalson
Advertisement
I mean, I have them all, but they aren't online at GDNet any more. The humor portal is also dead. It's all very sad, and it's been this way for... well, a year, and the staff hasn't wanted to fix it.

//edit: I don't remember the orientation. On this HDD I just have the comics with all the panels split apart for the sake of the

gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Thanks, I've not been here for some time and when I returned, I had more important questions to ask. But now that I'm back, I find that not everything is as before (like always in life...). The bad thing here is that not even teh almighty google was able to get those images from somewhere... :|

EDIT: But I remember that there were more comics about the GNNS. Can someone post them, please?
Now get down on your hands and knees and start repeating "Open Source Good, M$ Evil", smacking your head against the pavement after each repetition. Once you have completed your training you may change your first name to GNU/, to show that you are free from the slavery of the closed source world. -Michalson
You can still use the Internet Archive: Wayback Machine to view the old comic site, but it's rather slow at the moment for some reason...

I've got the first half of the comic you mentioned here in the mean-time.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves
You can still use the Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

O_o
Wayback Machine...
weird. but good.

Ah, yeah, I forgot about benryves attacking boolean for his hideous typing, too.

Maybe we could just get the site put back up...? That would be cool : /
I hope boolean doesn't mind, but what with the official site being down I've backed up his comics and have uploaded them here for the time being (without comments, just the TOC and images at the moment).

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves
I hope boolean doesn't mind, but what with the official site being down I've backed up his comics and have uploaded them here for the time being (without comments, just the TOC and images at the moment).
Sweet! You rock, man.
Quote:Original post by Avatar God
It's all very sad, and it's been this way for... well, a year, and the staff hasn't wanted to fix it.

I should point out that hosted sites are entirely the responsibility of their authors. I don't even know how the Humor Site is/was organized.

boolean's around; ask him.
Before I took a 6 month break from GDnet to study, the sites were down due the databases not connecting to the websites. Unsure why they were failing I left the sites alone with the intention of fixing them later. After I disappeared for 6 months I came back to find the sites were (as far as I can tell) deleted.

The websites were never the most securely coded things in the world, so maybe the staff took them down due to security problems. The annoying things is that I accidentally deleted the database for The Humour Portal a few months ago (along with every website I’ve made over the last 6 years...feck), and since the site is down too, re-launching the website would also mean repopulating the whole thing with data. I was talking to Benryves earlier about registering a url to keep track of my current projects, but also archive things like the comic and run a perhaps simplified/updated version of the humour portal.

In fact, I might look into that right now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement