Original Post
How would I go about creating another thread, and, if available, running that thread on another core?
Quote:
Original post by BloodLust666
Actually that's not stuck up at all
Quote:
i'm merely saying I would like someone to walk me through it as opposed to having someone refer me to a website that I could have gone to on my own.
Quote:
It's a waste of a post and it only means you don't know how to do it either. If you do, SHOW me, don't refer me somewhere else and send me on a continued wild goose chase.
Quote:
Original post by BloodLust666
You know, this forum has really gone down hill. People used to be able to come here, ask questions without being harassed with how they ask it, what information they put in it dealing with what they've found before. It was: ask a question, attempt to get a solution, try it out, repeat (something like that). now it's: refer to google (which yes i HAVE already done!), talk about the theory of asking questions and break down my post into how you interpret it. it's bullshit.
Quote:
Original post by BloodLust666
It's a waste of a post and it only means you don't know how to do it either.
Quote:
Original post by BloodLust666
i'm merely saying I would like someone to walk me through it as opposed to having someone refer me to a website that I could have gone to on my own.
Quote:
Original post by BloodLust666
The thing about CreateThread() is it's windows specific.
Quote:
Original post by BloodLust666
but also puts it on whatever core I want.
Quote:
Original post by BloodLust666
How would I go about creating another thread, and, if available, running that thread on another core?
Quote:
Original post by BloodLust666
honestly, about 2/3 of what you wrote was a waste and i didn't even read.
Quote:
Original post by BloodLust666
I'm trying to do this so I can get the parallel processing I'm trying to accomplish. In my engine, I want to split up the processing of rendering graphics on one core (the main one the program starts on) then having all the updating, collision, AI, etc running on the other core.
Quote:
I'm going to try to see how things looks when the rendering core renders things as fast as it can and the updating core updates things as fast as it can. and whenever the rendering is about to render an entity, it just grabs the current values from it no matter if it's been updated or that in that frame.
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.
With your permission, GameDev.net uses analytics cookies to understand how people use the platform. You can accept analytics or continue with necessary cookies only. Learn more