C programmer looking for team/individuals

Started by
5 comments, last by Srbin013 15 years, 9 months ago
Team name: None. Project name: Must be the name that all members will agree. Brief description: Risk Board game, much like this version but with more stuff: animations, online playing, keeping scores (like ie C&C generals do) and ideas you make Target aim: Shareware Compensation: Percentage of selling, must agree all involved in making this game. Technology: Target system is Windows XP, but since all code uses SDL libs, we will have also versions for MacOS, linux, OS4, MOS... Thus, more money. Talent needed: -2D artist; experienced in making sprites and animating them. Knowing or willing to learn what sprite alignment is. MUST be very reliable, please, no 'i bought my pc yesterday and i want to make gfx', even if you would work for free. I need serious ppl, no matter the age. -Game designer; must be person with strong imagination, willing to give design in less than a week or two. Don't be shy, it is very simple game to design. Up to two weeks are needed if you are lazy. I would do that job, but i do not want to work anything beyond programming. That is only i am good at. -Sound creator; if the game needs sampled voices, must have natural, fluent British or American english accent. Probably the person with pleasant voice that you usually hear on radio/TV. Game designer would decide what sound would apper. NOTE: It is not reqired that all 3 positions be 3 different men. If you are REALLY good, even 1 guy can do the job. It is simple game, almost all work relies on code, not on spectacular 3d gfx, with surround sound effects, big explosions etc... Team structure: Only me, programmer. Website: None. Contacts: Either PM here or forum post (prefered) Previous Work by Team: I never had any serious team. In 1994 i started learning assembler for Amiga computers. For younger generation, amiga was dominant home computer in 90's. Thru years, i have been on local Serbian intro/demo competitions, all of them presented in world's electronic magazines, with good grades. I cannot give you links, you would have to know what amiga is/was, and emulator that costs money. In 1999, i started to make 'Silencer', a clone of 'Crusader' on PC. Very EARLY demo is here. Note this in review: When the early demo was made available on Amiga Flame I said after having played it that Silencer held a lot of potential and it is becoming very clear with this new demo that Silencer will be a game to keep a close eye on in 2001. As usual, i have had big problems in gathering ppl to participate. GFX and SFX ppl were almost impossible to find. Also, h/w i was promised by some german company (Titan Computers) couldn't come to Serbia because of suspensions we had on mail packages. So, in one moment of breakdown, i formated the partition that held 12 months of work and i never came back to coding again. In December 2007, i started to learn C language on PC, just for fun. I was suprised how EASY is to learn it, probably because once you learn brain-breaking assembler, all other languages are piece of cake. In january-february 2008, i started to work on Risk clone. Click here to view simple demo. All gfx are ripped from similar games, and most of the time i had to deal with sprite alignment, gfx fixing etc... instead of coding. The bad thing happened again; one guy wanted badly that i finish the game, he even wants to buy me additional equipment, but failed in designing the game and/or finding 2D artist. I never accepted equipment, i need people! So, i can't gather ppl to work with. ALL of them were just promising, promising, promising... and did almost nothing. Now, if i find a good team to work with, i must start from start, since after 6 months, i can't remember how my code works. However, not a big problem, the first version wasn't made for multiplayer, and now i want it. Additional Info: The game designer MUST!!!! give me FULL game design before i start, ie stuff like this: -how units will be added. Will they just popup or animate like in this old game
">North&South or something third -how the battle will look like, describe ALL details like where dices are drawn, does they animate and how, EVERYTHING. -when and what types of sounds/voices will appear and at which events etc.. -i need LOT, i mean really LOT of fake screenshots. One image can tell more than a 1000's of words. Having design and fake screenshots, i can concetrate on coding, finish parts of it in fastest possible way and go to other parts. -i want to have different types of armies, like WW2 german, french, british... soldiers. Also, dragoons, indians, cowboys etc. Team's desicion. -when adding units at start of your turn, 1 LMB click add one army to chosen territory. Like in iwin's risk (read above), pressing RMB will give you selector of adding more than 1 at the moment. So, if player adds more than 10 units, a plane could appear and drop parachuters or something similar. If player uses indian, than some magic vapor would appear and after clearing it, new army appears. Stuff like that, it is up to designer to define. -some funny animation in case that player do nothing for ie 30-120 secs. Example; a soldier would catch butterflies, pick his nose, talk to other soldier... Designer would define and tell gfx guy what he wants. -i need FULL gfx for 1 unit type before i start. Ie, i must have all animations and static images. Other types can be added later. The Early demo i made is purely my design and you can see that design is BAAAAD :( Sorry, i am not good at stuff like that. To view it, download .zip archive and unpack it somewhere. Click on riziko.exe . You guide red army. At start, you have 5 units to add to your territories. In attack mode, first click on some of your terrotories (with more than 1 soldier) and attack the neighbour. The dices will roll and if you win, the attacked territory will get 5 red units. No selector is made yet. At bottom left, there are name of continents. Once you conquer the continent, the name of it will be colored with red. No other options work except window's close gadget. Most of the stuff done cannot be seen because... Guess why? I have no gfx :( The code is made in ~3-4 weeks, the rest of time i spent on doing stuff i shouldn't do; ripping gfx, placing them etc... Not bad for beginner :) One thing i must add; as told, i am from Serbia and i know that most ppl in the world have bad opinion about us/me due to CNN propaganda. I will not try to tell you that those are lies (you can check it yourself or ask someone who was here), but to live with that and offer paper contracts or something to prove i will NEVER steal ANYTHING of your work. I am even willing to give sales to YOUR name, and later, you send me the money. Quite fair, isn't it? If you are interested, post here what are you capable to do, in what time, demo examples are REQUIERED. Also, write down the sum you want like: -i would work for free, i need experience/fill portfolio and can finish it in 5 weeks -i want xx procents of money earned... -i want xx procents of money, but i can borrow/give yyy laptop to you for developing process -i want fix amount of xxx dollars for worldmap.jpg, and xxx dollars for every unit i make. etc... NOTE: The last thing would be best for you; if you for example ask $xxx for worldmap.jpg, and $yyy for units, once the game starts selling, firstly YOU will be payed, and the rest of money goes to me. It is big risk for me; if game selling goes bad, you would be paid, and i might get not. However, if game make big sales, more money for me. I am not is position to pre-pay anyone. Sorry, i still even use 1.7GHZ pc and can't afford better. Feedback: ANY
Advertisement
Hi my name is James i am a game designer i am intreaseted in joining your team email me at jimyp100@hotmail.co.uk you may whant o put me on trial becouse i am kidof new to the game desighn area but have helped in a past project (it fell through). but i am reading up and hopfully beable to help.
I forgot to add; you MUST download trial version of iwin's risk to have a rough idea of what i can do, and do it better. My demo Really lacks gfx and design.

To SDL haters; don't do that! SDL is great, lot of games are done with it, including iwin's risk 1 and risk 2 (which is 3d crap, totally unplayable).

Gfx are 800x600. Sorry, my monitor can support only up to 1024x768 w/o interlace, and i need bigger desktop resolution than of this risk project.

To James:
-please, follow my first post, give me more details about you, examples, price for your work.
-I think it is pretty dangerous to leave your email wide open as you did. Spammers will like you :)
I dont need paid i will do it for free (that dosnt mean i wont work hard ;) ). What other information do you need.
I need you to try both demo's i placed in forums, ie iwins' risk game and my ugly demo.

After you play them, make fake screenshots of how our game would look like.

Send that images to risk_images@infoservis.org

I need you to design EVERY, but EVERY part of game how it should look like, how the fights will show... EVERYTHING. Even simplest stuff, like how to reinforce the army. Watch the video, compare to iwin's risk.

Play iwin's risk to get an idea. You MUST provide me fake screenshots, use ripped gfx like i did.

Now, re-read my first post twice, i think ALL is well explained of what i need.

[Edited by - Srbin013 on July 18, 2008 9:34:45 AM]
What is going on guys? Doesn't anyone want to take relativelly small job and earn money/build portfolio/gain experience?

I don't think that everyone here is a pro. My rough demands are not without reason; i give good quality, fast coding and fair money percentage. And expect hard working people, not the type i had before; promises, promises, promises...

Did anyone here created good team and made a game? Some advice?

I must add something; i accidentally turned on hot linking protection on my site www.infoservis.org where my demo was hosted. So if someone tried to download my beta demo, now he can do it. Sorry :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement