Odd Vista Problem - Need Help

Started by
0 comments, last by Jarrod1937 15 years, 7 months ago
I am quite confused at this point. Basically almost every time i restart my computer i get this bsod (paraphrased): "windows/system32/config/security could not be loaded, nor its log or backup file" Basically it sounds like your normal corrupted security reg file. But the odd thing is that i can go into safe mode (Odd by itself for a corrupted reg file), i can then restart the computer after entering safe mode, and bam! My computer now starts fine. Each time this happens all i have to do is restart the computer into safe mode, then restart, and it works... I figured perhaps the file got corrupted somehow, so i did a system restore, but the problem will present itself the next time i restart. I've restored the computer to the earliest i could, tested the ram, processor, hard drive, and anything else for errors... and nothing came up. So far, it seems my computer is running extremely stable, but i get this error. So a few questions, Why can i enter safe mode if the reg file truly is corrupt? Why can i then enter the system fine once i restarted in safe mode? Why is the problem reoccurring even though i have tested everything i could (including swapping out my mobo)? And lastly, does anyone here have suggestions?
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Advertisement
An update for those who may run into the same problem. Out of a hunch i decided to create a new user account and delete my old one. From this point on i have not had any problems.
I assume the corruption was with my old account, and it would freak out when it tried to bring up the password screen.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement