Blame me on the server downtime

Started by
9 comments, last by MindWipe 15 years, 7 months ago
I seemed to have gotten us Slashdotted, but this isn't the first time IIRC. GDnet's servers can handle it...hopefully. I was kinda cool to see my article on Slashdot, never thought that would have happened. Slashdot post /MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
Advertisement
Congrats on the article and exposure. I didn't know you were the author of that article, I see you practiced what you preached [grin]

So, what's next on the agenda?
Nice article!
So it was you, huh?

BEGIN BANNINATION IN
THREE
TWO
ONE...
Quote:Original post by Drew_Benton
Congrats on the article and exposure. I didn't know you were the author of that article, I see you practiced what you preached [grin]

So, what's next on the agenda?

Ah yeah, good find, didn't remember that post. I hope my actions(and the result of them) speak against the people doubting what I recommended you guys back then and that more people follow the advice.

EDIT: Oh and about what I'm gonna do next. Not sure. Hoping to take a break from uni and do some independent development. I'm doing some websites for a couple of companies now on the side but I _might_ start to work half time for a company and work on another iPhone game, got some crazy ideas. I'm also considering doing sequel to Asterope.
You just gamedevd slashdot, and slashdotted gamedev. How many routers are you trying to take out?
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
Congrats.

I'm really interested to see what kind of revenue you can get from this. You should do an article with GameProducer.net
Quote:Original post by ChurchSkiz
Congrats.

I'm really interested to see what kind of revenue you can get from this. You should do an article with GameProducer.net

I wouldn't count on much. The general slashdot crowd is rabidly anti-proprietary software and think that all software should be free.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Quote:Original post by Mithrandir
Quote:Original post by ChurchSkiz
Congrats.

I wouldn't count on much. The general slashdot crowd is rabidly anti-proprietary software and think that all software should be free.

Sorry, I meant revenue from the iphone app itself, not the article. I have no idea what kind of sales one should expect from the iphone market.
Gah, that was terrible. Finally getting an article on Slashdot and GDnet's DNS goes foobar, maybe have not been able to access the site today :/

/MindWipe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement