yo bitches, this function is sposed to be here, but it's not. why?

Started by
1 comment, last by Washu 15 years, 1 month ago

The title was Mike.Popoloski's idea

yo bitches, this function (XMColorNearEqual) is sposed to be here, but it's not. why? On a more serious note: The March 2009 SDK release included the new XNA Math library. We've (Mike and I) been playing around with it and we've found our first little bug... This function is quite well documented in the DX Docs. It's kind of sad it doesn't exist. Its first cousin that it probably would have had the hots for, XMPlaneNearEqual, does.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

Advertisement
Good point. However, considering how all the other color functions are implemented, you could likely write your own. My guess is it looks like this:

XMFINLINE BOOL XMColorNearEqual(FXMVECTOR C1, FXMVECTOR C2, FXMVECTOR Epsilon){    return XMVector4NearEqual(C1, C2, Epsilon);}

Or considering vectors, quaternions, colors, and planes have no type checking since they're all XMVECTORs, you could just call XMVector4NearEqual directly.

Just curious though, how are you liking XNA Math so far?
-- gekko
Quote:Original post by gekko
Good point. However, considering how all the other color functions are implemented, you could likely write your own. My guess is it looks like this:

XMFINLINE BOOL XMColorNearEqual(FXMVECTOR C1, FXMVECTOR C2, FXMVECTOR Epsilon){    return XMVector4NearEqual(C1, C2, Epsilon);}

Or considering vectors, quaternions, colors, and planes have no type checking since they're all XMVECTORs, you could just call XMVector4NearEqual directly.

Well, yes, but that's beside the point. [grin]
Quote:Just curious though, how are you liking XNA Math so far?

XNA Math isn't bad, although for what we're using it for it's kind of interesting :D Not what it was designed for certainly.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement