[closed] Looking for concept/character artist for a non-game commission

Started by
1 comment, last by jbadams 14 years, 11 months ago
Brief description: This is not a game project, but may be of interest to game concept/character artists. I'm looking to commission an artist to create a single piece of artwork featuring a specific fantastical creature which physically most resembles a horse. Including a background scene into the image is optional and will be at the discretion of the artist; I'm interested solely in the creature. For anyone wondering why I want this, it is intended to be printed and used as a gift. I will not require exclusive rights to the work, and both the artwork and creature concept may be used again by the artist for other purposes. Target aim: I'm getting this produced as a gift for a friend, this is not a traditional project. Compensation: I'll be negotiating a reasonable level of payment with the selected artist, with payment to be made via PayPal. I will not require exclusive rights to the work, which the artist will be free to display in a portfolio and even sell again at their discretion. I have a fairly low budget for this but will be trying to ensure the artist is fairly compensated. Technology: Whatever hardware/software the artist in question is comfortable with, or even a traditional non-computer-based medium as long as the final product can be delivered digitally as a lossless image file. I would prefer the result be of sufficient size/quality to be printed on A3 paper but will be willing to settle for A4 or intermediate sizes. Talent needed: I require a single artist who is capable of drawing a fantastical creature according to a reasonably detailed description. Any elements not covered or left questionable by the description will be left up to the artist. The creature in question most closely resembles a horse. I would like to see an existing portfolio from any artists interested in taking on the job, and as I understand equines can be quite difficult to draw I will strongly prefer an artist with previous work featuring horses or similar creatures, although those with a strong portfolio lacking any such examples may still be considered. Team structure: Not applicable to this project. Website: Not applicable to this project. Contacts: You can contact me by posting here, via private message, or by email at jason.b.adams@gmail.com (please put something sensible and recognisable in the subject line if using email). Previous Work by Team: Not applicable to this project. Feedback: ANY [Edited by - jbadams on May 30, 2009 9:38:28 AM]

- Jason Astle-Adams

Advertisement
I'd be interested. I don't know what style you're looking for, but you can check out my gallery at kellybrake.com
Thanks guys, I got an overwhelming response (a whopping 78 applications) to this with a lot of excellent portfolios, and have now chosen and contacted an artist who all being well should be able to do the job for me.

I'll be attempting to personally reply to everyone else over the next day or two but must apologise to anyone I miss. I'll be keeping the contact details of a number of the applicants for potential future projects as well as to recommend to others. [smile]

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement