Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Programmer / designer looking for a project

Started by Kuro Sep 25, 2009 at 8:10 PM 5 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
Kuro
Kuro
Hi! I'm looking to join a team working on a game project. About me: I've worked in the game industry as a programmer for around 3 years now, and before that I've worked on many various projects by myself or with others on gamedev.net, or at college, etc. What I'm looking for: I'm looking to work with a fun group of talented people who love making games. As for the type of game, I'm pretty much open to anything. I mostly want to do this for fun, to meet some other developers, and to build up some more skills. I'm also looking for something that could be completed in 3-9 months or so- either a small-scale project, or a more complex project but one that is already far into development. I may not be able to pull a huge number of hours per week especially during crunch time, so I wouldn't want to be placed in the critical path, but I'd be happy to contribute in a supporting role. Experience: I've worked in most of the major areas of game programming to some extent- gameplay, engine / architecture, graphics, AI, networking, camera, physics, localization, UI, audio, etc. Although I haven't worked specifically as a "game designer", I've contributed a lot to the game design on most of the projects I've worked on and done a lot of rapid prototyping. Here's just a soup of buzzwords to give you some more idea of the things I've worked with- C++, Python, Lua, C#, VB, C, assembly, Gamebryo, Torque Shader Engine, Torque Game Builder, DirectX, OpenGL, Box2D, HLSL, Cg, Visual Studio, Eclipse, FMOD, DevIL, Boost, STL, git, SVN, GCC, SourceSafe, CVS, Paint Shop Pro, MFC, PSN, XBLA, Steamworks Drop a PM if you might be interested in working together. Thanks, Kuro [Edited by - Kuro on September 27, 2009 10:07:18 PM]
AlabamaCajun
AlabamaCajun
C++ and OO with lots of patterns.

We are making way on a Sim Tower clone called Highrise Developer.
It's on sourceforge highrisedev.

The objects are layed out for the floors, elevators and rooms. Some AI is working with people running the elevators. Check it out.

We don't have an exe yet but it compiles on most platforms.

Needs SFML, TinyXML, ceGUI and any compiler.
PhyerBoss
PhyerBoss
Dropped you a PM
janpec
janpec
I am a modelor in bad angel studios and we are currently looking for more programmers and modelors. For info about project email me at jobs@badastudios.com
janpec
janpec
I am a modelor in bad angel studios and we are currently looking for more programmers and modelors. For info about project email me at jobs@badastudios.com
DreadKnight
DreadKnight
Hello! We're looking for a few more programmers using python, with fair knowledge of blender and it's game engine (logic bricks), which are fairly easy to learn and I can help with some of that as well.

Check out my post over here http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=546249

Btw, our lead concept artist, Kathy, is from Chicago as well.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.