Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

2D Isometric

Started by LorinAtzberger Nov 23, 2009 at 12:11 PM 2 replies 850+ views
Original Post
LorinAtzberger
LorinAtzberger
Hey For a couple of years now I made isometric art more or less depending n my free time. I noticed that people use a lot of graphics that are not professionaly made. I don't say I'm an artist (since I'm a programmer) but at least my graphics are mathematically correct. For example today I remade a tileset of mine with every size/angle carefully calculated so that they fit in the game perfectly. Take a look at it: Now the thing is that I'd like to make custom art for small fees but I don't think I can get anyone to trust me without more to show. So till I get more stuff done I will take requests for free just to show the world that I can actually do some nice work. So please bombard me with requests :) Oh and I did post something like this a few years ago but now I think I'm better. And if anyone can tell me how to put images here I would be thankfull :) sunandshadow's edit: I used the correct html to make the images work, you can edit your post to see it and copy for future use. [smile] [Edited by - sunandshadow on November 23, 2009 2:27:34 PM]
LorinAtzberger
LorinAtzberger
Heh I think I modified it exactly when you did. ( I went to the FAQ and read about this there). Thanks anyway.

Here is an update with a work in progress:
lmelior
lmelior
Hmmm, I don't know if I like tiles that are 3D models rendered from an isometric perspective, since the lighting will invariably be off in places. The bottom-left quadrant of the monument and the arch on the right side of the building jump out at me, as does the lack of shadow cast by the building, even though that is to be expected with any tile based game. So I wonder if it wouldn't be better just to go full 3D with billboard sprites, Disgaea-style. Of course I probably wouldn't notice anything too bad if there were billboard sprites running around there either.

But I digress. Do you do humans or humanoids? If you're doing 3D modeling to begin with, you could advertise that as well, since there is probably more demand for 3D models than isometric images.
MrBlu
MrBlu
I'm interested.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=553526

:3 I actually wanted to combine my 2D Iso sprites with a 3D iso world. We might be able to work something out.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.