[web] Flash/AS3 compile speed

Started by
2 comments, last by Kaze 14 years, 4 months ago
Is their any way to improve the compile time for Flash/AS3, specifically it seems like it doesn't cache any compiled code even if you put it all in classes in external .as files. As the amount of code grows the compile times keeps increasing even if I only changed one code file since the last compile.
Advertisement
Sorry for the late reply :)

Ive never had compile speed issues with Flash. Ive got a particular project that consists of about 30 external AS files, with an average of probably 1000 lines each, and it compiles in about 3 seconds. My computer is 3 years old and nothing special.

How many lines of code do you have? What version of Flash are you compiling from? What speed is your computer? How long does the compile take? How long do you think it should take?
try turning on swc exporting so the library isn't being recompiled every time you compile

File>Publish Settings>Flash>Export SWC

Also turn off compression there and it'll improve compile times, but you'll want to turn compression back on when it's time for the final relase
First its actually a lot better after I turned off warnings, most of them were useless anyway.

I have about 25 files but I'm also using two 3rd party libraries that are just directorys full of .as files. Is the SWC like a .dll for flash and can I use it to compile a single name space?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement