Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Anyone used the Generic Image Library?

Started by jjd Feb 5, 2010 at 7:58 AM 3 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
jjd
jjd
I just came across the generic image library (gil) and I was wondering if anyone has tried it out in their games? In particular, I was wondering how you found working with the idea of concepts? Is the use of template syntax overly verbose? Was the performance good? edit: fixed link. Sorry about that. [Edited by - jjd on February 5, 2010 8:31:19 AM]
bubu LV
bubu LV
FWI: GIL is also integrated into Boost: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/libs/gil/doc/index.html
cache_hit
cache_hit
Quote:
Original post by theOcelot
I tried. It may just have been my ignorance regarding the guts of raster images, but I never got it to work for me. I was trying to use it to rotate SDL_Surface's, but eventually just got SDL_gfx instead. I posted my struggles here.


Any particular reason why you didn't post them on the boost mailing list? The chances of getting a better response here than there are pretty much slim to none, especially since the authors of the actual library regularly answer posts on the boost mailing list.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.