[PAID] Professional Project - Seeking Artists

Started by
-1 comments, last by Orymus 13 years, 9 months ago
Team name:
Unicore

Project name:
Tentatively named 'Angel's Earth'

Timeline:
We're considering a realistic Alpha by Q4 2011.

Brief description:
The project tries to be a 2d console-ish jrpg with a couple twists (such as the art we're going for). We did not attempt to reinvent the wheel, but rather, to expand on it.

In Angel's Earth, we take what works, and expand on it. We reduce grinding, while attempting to keep it as an intelligent part of the game. We want many characters to be playable, but not too many as to lose the player altogheter. We want the player to face few but critical decisions to alter the game flow.

With a prototype under our belt and, finally, a financial plan, development is progressing quite well.

Target aim:
Our hope is to be an indie best-seller through PC and Xbox-Live. We possess all necessary licensing and connections to do so. We are quite aware of the relatively low sales of indie games through these platforms, but expect to earn some exposure from channels normally not associated with these types of games...

We work with a relatively loose timeline but are looking for a demo by Q4 2011. Initial release date was set for Q4 2012, but is indefinitely postponed and will be determined after we consider we have a fair Alpha.

Compensation:

**Important: We have a special position that has just opened which does not follow our usual compensation method. Current 2d artists will be paid and not based of the proposed royalties model. Please contact me for more info.

Compensation will follow the royalties model (pay per sale).
Actual % of compensation is/will be negotiated individually based on work expected from each individual, skill and efficiency.
Following a probation period, a contract, annexed with an NDA, will be distributed to all members of the team.

Also you may note that every member that has proven him or herself worthy in terms of team spirit and dedication to the project may expect, if he or she should wish, a reference letter issued by me (for the record, I am a team coordinator and analyst for a renown software company).

Main theme:
The main theme behind the story is that of 'gods' and how the misinterpretation of mankind can drastically alter their purpose.
Also, every major character in the game has a story that revolves around a different theme, each of which can tie in with our everyday lives.

Technology:

Game Technology
- C#
- XNA

Infrastructure
- SNV source-control
- Bugaware issue tracking system

Talent needed:

(1) GUI Artist - We are looking for someone that can produce quality 2d art for a graphical user interface (menus and overlays). This position would include a lot of R&D as we are still attempting to fine tune the ergonomic of our systems.

(2)
2d Pixel Artist - We are actively looking for additionnal artists to improve our art output. RPGs tend to be quite consuming on art, and this project is no exception. Anyone with any relevant background is welcomed. Our artstyle is somewhere between Castlevania's Symphony of the Night and Final Fantasy 6.

Team structure:
Current Team:

Jonathan - Lead Programmer
Dominique - Programmer
Corrob - Programmer

Adam - Lead Pixel Artist
Victor - Pixel Artist

Robert - Writer
Lee - Writer

Orymus - Lead Game Designer / Project Coordinator
Tien - Game/Level Designer

Robert - Lead Musical Artist
Artimus - Musical Artist
2 X - SFX Artist

Yanick - Website Developer

Bryan - QA

Contacts:
Orymus@gmail.com

Previous Work by Team:

Day Job:
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
- (Everything else is currently under NDA at Ubisoft)

Team:
- Angel's Earth Prototypes A (Dark Basic)
- Space Marines (collaborative work with C-man) (Game Maker)

If anyone is interested, please contact me through PM.
For preferential reasons, do not contact me if you have no related experience I could judge from. Such experience does not necessarily need to be game related. For example, an artist could provide proof of comic book art, or anything that could prove his or her longterm determination rather than his or her skill level.

Sincerely,
Orymus.

[Edited by - Orymus on November 10, 2010 8:59:08 AM]
The fact you were there before they invented the wheel doesn't make you any better than the wheel nor does it entitle you to claim property over the wheel. Being there at the right time just isn't enough, you need to take part into it.

I have a blog!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement