Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

How to view function signatures in library file

Started by jjd Sep 5, 2010 at 9:11 AM 0 replies 1k views
Original Post
jjd
jjd
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a way to view/list the functions in a static library on winxp? I have been googling but haven't found much. I seems like it should be easier to inspect this kind of file. I've tried using 'dumpbin' but that produces a lot of info and I'm not making much head-way with it. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

-Josh

SiCrane
SiCrane
If you want the function signatures, you may be out of luck. Not all languages encode function signatures in export names and even for those that do there are often mechanisms in place to strip that information from the symbol names. For instance extern "C" functions in C++ will leave off the name mangling that encodes function signatures.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.