[PAID] - Serious Project Looking for Freelance Pixel Artists

Started by
7 comments, last by Orymus 13 years, 4 months ago
Team name:
Unicore

Project name:
Tentatively named 'Angel's Earth'

Timeline:
We're considering a realistic Alpha by Q4 2011.

Brief description:
Project is to be a 2d retro Jrpg using art similar to Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

Gameplay is based around player few but crucial player decisions and is also reflected through story flow. Basically, we take what worked in other rpgs and minimize what worked wrong without changing the core set of elements that a player expects from a jrpg.

Alternatively, we have added a lot of cross-genre gameplay to keep the experience interesting to the end.

Target aim:
Our hope is to be an indie best-seller through PC and Xbox-Live.

We possess all necessary licensing and connections to do so. We are quite aware of the relatively low sales of indie games through these platforms but have a solid marketing plan to back us up and intend to use alternative products to maximize profitability.

We work with a relatively loose timeline but are looking for a working and showcasable demo by Q4 2011.

Compensation:

**Important: We have a special position that has just opened which does not follow our usual compensation method. Current 2d artists will be paid and not based of the proposed royalties model. Please contact me for more info.

Compensation will follow the royalties model (pay per sale).
Actual % of compensation is/will be negotiated individually based on work expected from each individual, skill and efficiency.
Following a probation period, a contract, annexed with an NDA, will be distributed to all members of the team.

Also you may note that every member that has proven him or herself worthy in terms of team spirit and dedication to the project may expect, if he or she should wish, a reference letter issued by me (for the record, I am a team coordinator and analyst for a renown software company).

Main theme:

The game's main theme revolves around the idea of "gods" and how this concept is not very clear to mortals. Additionally, every major character in the game plays on their own theme which ultimately ties with the main plot.

Technology:

Game Technology
- C#
- XNA

Infrastructure
- SNV source-control
- Mantis issue tracking system
- Dev Forums / Wiki / Website

Talent needed:

2d Pixel Artist - We are looking for a freelancer to help us produce a minimum amount of work on a deadline. We are looking for a style that borrows from Castlevania's Symphony of the Night (definately more mature than most JRPGs).

GUI Artist - We are looking for someone that can produce quality 2d art for a graphical user interface (menus and overlays). This position would include a lot of R&D as we are still attempting to fine tune the ergonomy of our systems.

Team structure:
Current Team:

Jonathan - Lead Programmer
Dominique - Programmer
Corrob - Programmer

Robert - Writer
Lee - Writer

Orymus - Lead Game Designer / Project Coordinator
Tien - Game/Level Designer

Robert - Lead Musical Artist
Artimus - Musical Artist
2 X - SFX Artist

Yanick - Website Developer

Bryan - QA

Contacts:
Orymus@gmail.com

Previous Work by Team:

Day Job:
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
- (Everything else is currently under NDA at Ubisoft)

Team:
- Cman's Space Marines(Game Maker)
- Magnus 13 (OHRRPGCE)

If anyone is interested, please contact me through PM.
For preferential reasons, do not contact me if you have no related experience I could judge from. Such experience does not necessarily need to be game related. For example, an artist could provide proof of comic book art, or anything that could prove his or her longterm determination rather than his or her skill level.

Sincerely,
Orymus.

[Edited by - Orymus on November 14, 2010 8:44:22 AM]
The fact you were there before they invented the wheel doesn't make you any better than the wheel nor does it entitle you to claim property over the wheel. Being there at the right time just isn't enough, you need to take part into it.

I have a blog!
Advertisement
Opened new freelancer position.
The fact you were there before they invented the wheel doesn't make you any better than the wheel nor does it entitle you to claim property over the wheel. Being there at the right time just isn't enough, you need to take part into it.

I have a blog!
I sent a PM and email. :)
Indeed.
I've answered through email rather than PM because of the files you've sent.

I have a blog!
I've received a lot of applications but am still on the lookout...

I have a blog!
Do you have any screenshots or detailed documentation of this super serious video game's existence?

Or is it so serious that it's NDA'd by yourself?
I don't really believe in the seriousness behind an NDA, because, well, especially on an indie team, it has no jurisdiction. So far, I've left serious team members act professional, and it has worked just fine.

As for screenshots, the very purpose of this thread is to hire an artist to make the visual. I doubt placeholder art would be of any relevance at this stage. I have screenshots of previous installments of this product, but they almost looked rpgmaker-like, which is far from the current Artistic Direction we're following.

As for detailed documentation, as stated in the thread just above your post, there is a wiki. Wiki represents currently a little bit over 25% of the overall documentation that went into making the GDD and initial pitch (high concept) document. It is a WIP than to try and transfer all that data from one structure to another (I believe the wiki structure is much more efficient for development).

However, I do not give access to these resources to non-team members. A lot of the information is not under NDA, but is intellectual property, and not all of it is relevant only to the gaming environment. For this reason, I'm afraid I will not divulge the information freely unless further discussion is initiated, and I can send at least some seriousness on the other end. Judging from your post (and the fact you have only read this thread partially before sending a reply) I do not consider you a serious candidate at this stage, and I am unsure whether to judge your reply as cynical or troll-bait. I do not intend to find out either.

I have a blog!
I am interested in working as a 2D GUI artist for your game.
My experience is that I did all the GUI for my game; Beta.applo.com

you can view some of the work here:

http://poopgoblyn.deviantart.com/art/New-Applo-Home-Page-184470038?q=gallery:poopgoblyn/27451761&qo=54

http://poopgoblyn.deviantart.com/art/Applo-Imperial-Skin-164738810?q=gallery:poopgoblyn/27451761&qo=48

Sent you a PM, please reply to my email though.

I have a blog!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement