Jukebox Emu Help

Started by
-1 comments, last by SelethD 13 years, 4 months ago
Im not sure where I should post this question, but I needed some general advice on making a project.

I have an old 1972 jukebox that I was given, and the outside is still in very nice shape, however the inside mechanism was rusted and locked down. So I stripped the guts of it out, and I want to put an old computer inside of it, and interface the computer with the song selection, and the coin slot, and have a program running on the computer to play .mp3's

Here is my questions
1. Is there any specs online or scode that is very very simple to play an mp3... or is there an mp3 player that can run under win98 (my target os)

2. Can I code my program that will control th mp3 player, and read and write to the outside interface via a keyboard hack, can I code this in Vis C# and it work in win98?

3. Does anyone know what terms to search for in google to find out information on if I can use a flash drive to boot and load a copy of win98, and not even both with having an actual hard drive in the system

4. if my old computer has a parallel port (old printer port) can I access its interface, to send signals down certain pins under win98 and c#

thanks for any help

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement