Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Harbinger of the apocalyspse. Girl gets her legs back in time for Xmas. Weird news.

Started by Alpha_ProgDes Dec 24, 2010 at 2:25 PM 1 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
Alpha_ProgDes
Alpha_ProgDes
In a surprise comment, Pat Roberson is against harsh sentences for marijuana use. I must say that this is mind-boggling. To hear Pat, the man whose lips overflows with wisdom every time a international incident or tragedy occurs say this is ...astonishing.

In something more heartfelt and in line with the season, a girl who was a Paralympic competitor has miraculously (at least medically) gained the use of her legs again and is no longer paralyzed after 10 years. It's a really great story. You should read.
Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.  
LessBread
LessBread
Robertson's spokesperson recanted the statement almost immediately. Here are possible explanations for the original statement. Age has caught up with Robertson and he's exhibiting some cognitive impairment. Robertson secretly gets high and due to age is losing the ability to keep it secret. Robertson has been spending time with cancer patients and they've been telling him stories about how well marijuana helps them deal with their treatments. Robertson is testing the waters to see if the issue is one that conservatives can co-opt.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.