[Offering Services to Serious Entrepreneurs]

Started by
8 comments, last by Orymus 13 years, 3 months ago
Hello everyone,

I am a project coordinator with time on my hands.

I provide a wide array of services, but mostly:

Coordination
If you have an idea, and a budget, I am willing to coordinate your team. "coordination" is a broad term, but so are my skills in the field of management. Depending on the projects' needs, I may be able to:
- Hire your production team (I do not promise results as this would depend on a series of factos, including project potential and team compensation)
- Manage micro-development strategies and problem solving
- Help the team reach attainable goals and milestones
- Reduce production costs through proactive analysis
- etc etc.

Quality Control
Quality control is often associated with testing, mostly because testing is one of the many inspections quality control offers. I have professionnal experience with other branches of quality control including proactive design reviews, and establishing agile methods to minimize quality loss.

Micro Design
I have some experience as a game designer. I work especially well when the game's core mechanics have been established and only require tweaking, gameplay improvements or additionnal gameplay mechanics to enhance the whole. Please, do not appeal to me to design a game from the groundup (I have my own projects for that).

Submission & Third Party
I have insight in the submission process and TRCs as a whole. If you are expecting to work through XBLA or PSN channels, or even if you wish only to port to IOS (Iphone), I may be able to assist you through this journey. (Anyone who has ever chosen to submit a game must know what I'm referring to here)

Compensation
I will not work for free, nor for royalties alone. I insist on being paid, because I believe it gates non-serious projects from wasting my time. The actual paysize I'll be expecting will depend on the project's complexion and budget.

Contact Information:
PM will work just fine. I come on here every now and then (3-4 times a week).

Previous Projects:
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands WII(tm) - 2010 @ Ubisoft
- Unreleased Title

My experience encompasses a wide array of platforms including Web (and social networks), all currently available retail consoles, some phones (Android, IOS) and, obviously, computer.
The fact you were there before they invented the wheel doesn't make you any better than the wheel nor does it entitle you to claim property over the wheel. Being there at the right time just isn't enough, you need to take part into it.

I have a blog!
Advertisement
As someone who understands the worth of a good manager, I still think you're going a little far out there asking someone to pay you upfront to manage their indie game. You're likely better off heading your own project, simply because there are just too many other things involved to pay for that are so much more essential.
I'd like to clarify the fact I do not expect to be paid upfront, but on a regular basis.

Also, I have my own projects underway already, but I understand there are a lot of "visionaries" out there without the appropriate management skills to really go anywhere with there idea.
There are various options for these people:

1 - Merge with an ongoing team and accept drastic changes to their core idea
2 - Give up the project altogether
3 - Attempt to pull it off on their own (and more than possibly fail because of communication or management problems)
4 - Entrust someone with the necessary skills with a series of tasks to best focus on other aspects (ultimately, all I need to work with is a GDD, time constraints and budget constraints).

So while I understand your point, it merely explains why you'd rather not hire me, but there are several individuals who would rather chose this option than give up on their project. While I encourage visionaries to merge with other ongoing teams, I know what "too many chiefs" can lead to. Hiring me ensures that there is still only one chief: you. Ultimately, I have no ownership on the project I accept to work on, only authority over the process of completion.

Hopefully that clarifies a bit?
The fact you were there before they invented the wheel doesn't make you any better than the wheel nor does it entitle you to claim property over the wheel. Being there at the right time just isn't enough, you need to take part into it.

I have a blog!
To tell you honestly,the game developers itself still will decide.Some game developers does not need managers they are the one who self develop and publish their games.It will be a problem if the person involved is not a game developer.The question is what will the non-game developer will do,wait for the game to be completed? If you will ask me honestly,I will be the one who will published my game than entrusting it to a manager.It is unfair among game developers they are the one who exert much effort to the game,even a manager has no right to control or manipulate the game developers.In my own strategy,I will do it my own.
Eric Chidu
I suppose this opinion is common among 1-5 people teams. With larger teams however, you'd be surprised at how efficient (necessary) skilled management can be.

I have a blog!

I'd like to clarify the fact I do not expect to be paid upfront, but on a regular basis.

Also, I have my own projects underway already, but I understand there are a lot of "visionaries" out there without the appropriate management skills to really go anywhere with there idea.
There are various options for these people:

1 - Merge with an ongoing team and accept drastic changes to their core idea
2 - Give up the project altogether
3 - Attempt to pull it off on their own (and more than possibly fail because of communication or management problems)
4 - Entrust someone with the necessary skills with a series of tasks to best focus on other aspects (ultimately, all I need to work with is a GDD, time constraints and budget constraints).

I really think you're overestimating and underestimating developers. If a project lead is a type that quits, it's likely because people didn't fulfill their work. If people didn't fulfill their work, it's likely because they weren't paid enough. If the project lead can't afford to keep their regular team in check, which is what leads to the most failures, they probably can't afford someone just to manage. Most people who will get a game out that can afford to pay a manager are able to do so because they have figured out how to manage their team effectively alone, or are someone with enough money that they can do a minimum of coordination/managing or hire a professional to do these sorts of things with hard proof of what they can do.

The definition of "upfront" to me means "prior to the game being finished". If someone is paid for work, whether it all comes prior to work start, or post work end, that still essentially being paid out of the budget for the game before the creators have made any money. And there isn't a lot of that money around for indies.
While I tend to agree, there are those with the money and not the time.
They want an idea done, but don't have the knowledge or time to actually get around to doing it.
They do exist, and there are more than you might think.

This thread is not about whether or not they exist. It is for them to see and choose whether they need the service I can offer.
Your point, however relevant it may be, serves no purpose here. You are arguing that nobody will want my services, and I am arguing I already did. You bring an opinion, I have background and factual information. Therefore, I am not really interested in your reply, and I would much rather have no replies to this thread, than risking it turning into a conversation.

So once again, I provide a service. If you are interested, PM me, otherwise, leave it be.

Thanks.

I have a blog!
If you get a team together I'd be interested in helping. I do renders, modeling, and animation. I don't like these little part time released for free games that usually get canceled in the first 3 months.
We need more serious projects that actually get completed and are sold in stores.
Would you be willing to work on a purely contractual basis when needed for submissions?
I've read numerous works on game design (both free ones like sloperama and ones that much be purchased, so I do not feel I will need a project manager or game designer.

However, I have never submitted a work to Apple's AppStore, XBLA, or PSN. So I'm sure I could use help with that, when the time comes.

Would you be willing to work on a purely contractual basis when needed for submissions?
I've read numerous works on game design (both free ones like sloperama and ones that much be purchased, so I do not feel I will need a project manager or game designer.

However, I have never submitted a work to Apple's AppStore, XBLA, or PSN. So I'm sure I could use help with that, when the time comes.

Yes, most definately.
I'm experienced in terms of submission for these platforms. There's probably quite a few things you might need to know, much before submission time however, so you might consider hiring me temporarily as a production consultant in that regard if you are unsure how the process works. Strangely enough, apple is definately the most complicated to work with.

PM me so we can exchange emails.

@fayt
It will depend if someone decides to hire me first ;)

I have a blog!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement