[C++] bask in my awesomeness.

Started by
41 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 11 years, 2 months ago
Does it even check the document is valid HTML?

Otherwise I think a general-purpose XML or SGML document creation would be more useful.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by loufoque

Otherwise I think a general-purpose XML or SGML document creation would be more useful.

Technically, it sounds like it's just an XML library. I believe the reason you can use it to write HTML is because of the syntactical similarities between XML and HTML. And if you look at the source (which is impressive 116 LOC, including white space) it doesn't do any syntax validation.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
looking at the demo application, it doesn't know about HTML, just how XML should be structured. The application tells it about what tags you can use:
TAG(html,  NO_ATTRIBS);TAG(head,  NO_ATTRIBS);TAG(title, NO_ATTRIBS);TAG(body,  NO_ATTRIBS);TAG(p,     NO_ATTRIBS);TAG(a,     ATTRIB(href));TAG(img,   ATTRIB(src), ATTRIB(alt));
I love the License

Quote:You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Do What The Fuck You Want

@the_edd: You Sir, are my new hero.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Now this made my day XD
Quote:Original post by owl
I love the License

Quote:You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Do What The Fuck You Want

@the_edd: You Sir, are my new hero.

And the best of all is that it's a real license!

Clicky =P
Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.
Just. Awesome.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Quote:Original post by the_edd
http://bitbucket.org/edd/xsmell/src/

From the readme:

XSMELL README-------------Congratulations! You have in your hands the MOST BRILLIANTEST C++ XML CREATION LIBRARY EVER CREATED.Have you ever needed to embed a quick snippet of HTML or XML in your C++ source code? Didn't you just hate having to use that obscure string concatenationsyntax?Well no more! With the advent of XSMELL you can now use regular XML syntaxdirectly in your source code, thanks to the reckless use of operator overloading, template meta-programming and preprocessor macros:

*** Source Snippet Removed ***

That's right! Thanks to XSMELL you'll no longer suffer from S-Expressionenvy. You've got one up on those Lisp guys now -- smug bastards!And you no longer have to worry about generating malformed XML! After spendinghours fighting obscure C++ compiler errors, you'll be 100% certain that your XML is correct.

I couldn't wait for April 1st to come around.

--- xsmell.hpp	2009-06-24 23:46:07.000000000 -0400+++ ../xsmell_fixed.hpp	2009-06-24 23:46:01.000000000 -0400@@ -17,6 +17,7 @@ #include <boost/type_traits/is_same.hpp> #include <boost/mpl/empty.hpp> #include <boost/lexical_cast.hpp>+#include <boost/static_assert.hpp>  namespace xsmell {

I tried to make a patch queue, but bitbucket wasn't letting me authenticate. :D

You can define the tags yourself, but it can't check particular "nesting patterns". However, you cannot assign a set of uneven tags to a xsmell::document as you'll get a compile-time assertion. In that sense, the XML is validated.

I know! I can hardly contain myself either!

Quote:Original post by Hodgman
looking at the demo application, it doesn't know about HTML, just how XML should be structured. The application tells it about what tags you can use:

Yes, I am particularly proud of the macro hackery needed to get that ATTRIB/NO_ATTRIBS stuff working. Have a look if you want to see awesome distilled in to it's purest form.
Quote:Original post by iblis
--- xsmell.hpp	2009-06-24 23:46:07.000000000 -0400+++ ../xsmell_fixed.hpp	2009-06-24 23:46:01.000000000 -0400@@ -17,6 +17,7 @@ #include <boost/type_traits/is_same.hpp> #include <boost/mpl/empty.hpp> #include <boost/lexical_cast.hpp>+#include <boost/static_assert.hpp>  namespace xsmell {

I tried to make a patch queue, but bitbucket wasn't letting me authenticate. :D

Thank you for your invaluable contribution! I have applied and uploaded your patch.
Quote:You can define the tags yourself, but it can't check particular "nesting patterns".

With such a syntax, it could perfectly do so at compile-time.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement