Pentium Leap - Story, please comment!

Started by
9 comments, last by OutOfBound 22 years, 10 months ago
Hi there... Here''s a story outline for a project I''m currently working on with a friend. It will be a pure Fun- Project, and I''d really like to hear what others are thinking about it. Most of you will probably recognize parts of the story, that''s the way it''s supposed to be... remind you of all those true great classic games we all loved... --- Story starts here --- A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Ups, wrong story... let''s try again... Last week, right around the corner... Rene is lying in bed... Alone... As usual... (Pic of a guy sleeping in bed) (Pictures from different older computer games flash on screen) In his dreams, Rene sees many situations in computer games that... simply aren''t right... He awakens with a vision... a vision of a machine that will take him into the Universe of the Computer Games where he will be able to set things right... The machine is built, Rene steps in, the machine is activated and Rene vanishes... Just to wake up in Bar... the Scumm Bar... His first mission (These will be loosely tied together, and will perhaps be random in some parts) will be to find a way to communicate with Tom, who will then appear as a Hologram and will help him through his journey, for example help one of the old Pirates in the Scumm Bar. As soon as he finishes a mission he will "leap" into the next game... to set something else set right. For example: Maniac Mansion -- Chainsaw -- Fuel (Do I really need to say more?) Space Quest III -- The Two Guys from Andromeda Simon the Sourcerer Spellcasting 101 Loom Zak McKracken etc. etc. etc. Primary goal of the story will be to return back to the real world after getting everything set straight. So, what do you think???
May you live in interesting times...
Advertisement
ummmm

i can remember a tv show about this virtual world
and the evil guy (the user of the computer) keeps
putting the hero (a cop) into a game where he has
to find out what to do. if he doesnt complete the
tasks, he dies - so each time he has to outsmart the user.

if if u didnt catch it this time,
the character lives inside the comp, and each time
the user opens a game, if he doesnt win the user,
he dies.

u can use that plot

gil.
[email=gil@gilzu.com]Gil Zussman[/email]Check out Goose Chase, Coming this fall!http://www.gilzu.com
Thanks for your reply...

Actually, we are using a sort of plot from a TV Show called "Quantum Leap" (Hence the name "Pentium Leap").

(Most people should remember it, it''s about "Sam" and "Al" We just adapted the story from jumping into real life characters (Elvis, Marylin Monroe, Lee Harvey Oswald) into computer game characters (Zak, Guybrush, Larry))

You could get in trouble with trademarks and copyrights and such, even if the games you ''enter'' are old ones...
The tv show you were thinking of was Reboot. A cgi cartoon that orignally aired o i think ABC in the US around 96,97. Didn''t do very well. It is currently run in Canada on a kids tv channel. It also lived a brief life on Cartoon Network under Toonami. The company the made the show also does Beast Wars, another CGI show, i think was on FOX.

-Scott
-Scott
Well, since it will be complete Freeware, and the primary use of the game will be to remember people that these games still do exist, I believe most companies will simply ignore the project...
(Like for example the Zak 2 Project).

And as I said, it will be a fun project...

Not even a banner for commercial use on the page.

I think the original show was on somewhere before ''89 (Definetly before 1995, I''m sure of that). Don''t know about the cartoon, though. Heard something about it, but never saw it. (Saw a comic once, though).

It''s been on here in Germany a couple of years ago and now showing again, that''s where we got the general idea from.
sounds great! if you add enough humor to the games, this could really be a big (freeware) hit! i like the story-line... "a long long time ago in a galaxy far away. ups, wrong story " btw, wat''s ur website''s url?
~~KaMiKaZ~~
+<--->+With your feet in the air and your head on the groundTry this trick and spin it, yeahYour head will collapseBut there's nothing in it And you'll ask yourselfWhere is my mind+<--->+
They won''t ignore your project. More likely, they''ll threaten to sue the hell out of you if you continue to distribute it. Commercial companies are usually pretty vicious about things like that, Hasbro being the number-one case-in-point.

GDNet+. It's only $5 a month. You know you want it.

Many of the games you mentioned are to do with LucasArts... and they are very copyright protective. Another Star Wars mod bit the dust this week.

(Ketchaval)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement