12 years old project... mu gift for all

Started by
1 comment, last by taby 2 years, 2 months ago

Hello everyone.

A lot of time has passed since the day when I first came to game dev.

Now I have an interesting job in IT, a wife, 2 children and credit )

It's been 2 years since I've touched my project... And I think I won't touch it anymore.

Before that, the development was carried out for 12 years ... for 5-8 hours a day.

I decided to give it to you to be torn to pieces.

I give everything at once, servers, client, code... content (something was bought, something was done, something... well, you know yourself), as code ideas, or maybe as a ready-made work for the project.

To all those who want to create their killer WoW, Ultima, etc. MMORPG I will say...

enthusiasm is good, but it's not enough... we need money, a great and BIG team, knowledge.

Everything rested on the content, even taking into account the fact that in the end we started buying models of armor, they still had to be adapted to the character, 100 times to redo the animation.

According to programming, it took me more than a month to redo the RunUO save to the Mysql database (and it was not completely redone)..

Count your strength, let it be a hobby that does not take you 5-8 hours a day, or go to a large team and let it be a job.

How it all started...

There was Ultima Online, everyone lived in it)

Then there was the announcement of Ultima Online Odyssey. The project was closed, but the idea sunk into my soul, and then it all started ...

My ultima server, then the idea to make a game, after buying Truevision 3D. The engine cost only $ 200 (which was not ..)

I had to go on academic leave at the institute to start working.. (silly right?)

For some time, development was underway on this engine, there was an attempt to assemble a team.. yes something didn't work out (

As a result, I took up the unreal engine. On it, the work was already more fun. Since the base of the server was a dear to the heart of Ultima with its Runuo, it was finished to the current state.

What was implemented (stolen from other games):

1. Gumps are configurable from the server side as in Runuo.

2. quests

3. purchase and sale.

4. Mobs with their meager intelligence (the beginnings of AI from Runuo were adapted)

5. Fighting system like in Mount and Blade (well, close to them)

6. You can ride horses.

7. Simultaneous login to the game and user synchronization (MMO part)

8. Corpses Full loot and so on

9. Clothing in parts with visualization.

10. Skills (Almost do not affect anything, you need to prescribe mechanics)

11. Backpack dumpster as in ultima

12. chat commands as in ultima ( [set z 100 will lift you off the ground [add mob3 added moba)

13. Punches, archery, sword strikes, kick, change of weapons and combat mode by numbers and tab, alt

14. Almost infinity world.

15. Only graphics are taken from Unreal Engine!!! The Runuo network and server code is heavily redesigned.

And a lot more...

Take Ultima online, transfer it to 3D, mix it with mount and blade and you will get Davion online.

Of course, there are a lot of glitches, bugs and the rest...

Thanks to those who participated in this initially failed project.

Jintaro - idea generator, chief tester and content search engine)))

Murik - 3D modeling

Mizrael is an Artist

And many more different people at different times.. I'm sorry if I forgot someone.

Your humble servant programmed it.

Screenshots and videos can be viewed on google disk

There are already servers with source codes and a database dump in the archive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FJJvB6wZWcy-VNXX0quOTnLLgf8G--Ci?usp=sharing

Everything that is in the archive.

on the way Saved\StagedBuilds\Windows No Editor lies compiled client (who wants to start), it need a Mysql server with loaded bases, the two running servers (lginserver and world server)

both servers in the scripts folder (Servers\LoginServer 2\Scripts\Misc\MySQLConfig.cs), we need to tweak the login password or take the password from there and do the same for root access to the mysql server

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/cc8ylHL-ysf_Hg

Have a nice derby, friends, I hope my work in terms of code and those solutions will still be useful to someone.

Sorry for my english. it is translate

Advertisement

Thank you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement