Vocaloid 6 audio device setting in Windows

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Anybody use Vocaloid in Windows? I updated Vocaloid to v6.3.0 this week and now it won't produce sound. The Audio Device is likely the problem. It says it's “connecting to ReWire,” and it's gray, unclickable. I can't tell it to look for my system's actual audio devices (I never heard of ReWire, I guess that's Japanese).

Missing DLL? Vocaloid's site is no help at all - worst user support I've encountered in decades.

Followup: I mostly use Vocaloid as a VST in conjunction with Ableton Live. Just now I tried to shut down Live, and got this: “The program cannot quit because one or more ReWire device applications are still running. Please switch to the ReWire device applications and quit them; then return and quit Live.” This might explain the ReWire mention in Vocaloid's Preferences. Going to bed now, but tomorrow I'll do some research on ReWire, and try running Vocaloid as a standalone, try re-establishing a VST connection in Live, and will try more things I might think of. But if anybody has had experience with these apps and has some tips for me, I'll be grateful to hear them.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Advertisement

Never mind. It suddenly just works. When I tried Vocaloid as a standalone, it made sound. Then when I closed Vocaloid and opened Live, then invoked Vocaloid as a VSTi instrument, the voice just worked as expected. The work on the vocals for the song can now proceed. I don't know why it wouldn't work before. It may have just been a matter of starting apps in a particular sequential order.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement