terrain w/ opengl

Started by
0 comments, last by ECKILLER 24 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I''m beginning my design for my new project which will be a virtual city. I''ve gotten very little into it. My "earth" is 1000X1000 unit square that only lies on the x and z axis(y = 0). Well when i rendered this with a texture of dirt and rocks it went awfully slow. I have a P200 and a very outdated graphic card. Before i go looking for a new graphic card i wanted to know some ways i could speed up rendering. Ideas??? or do i just need a new graphic card? Thanks ECKILLER
ECKILLER
Advertisement
roam, quadtrees, guard-band clipping ... =P

check this out--> http://pages.eidosnet.co.uk/~n.anderson/lod_program.html
Creativity is a bloody nuisance and an evil curse that will see to it that you die from stress and alcohol abuse at a very early age, that you piss off all your friends, break appointments, show up late, and have this strange bohemian urge (you know that decadent laid-back pimp-style way of life). The truly creative people I know all live lousy lives, never have time to see you, don't take care of themselves properly, have weird tastes in women and behave badly. They don't wash and they eat disgusting stuff, they are mentally unstable and are absolutely brilliant. (k10k)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement